Re: What's new and exciting in the upcoming 0.5?

Message has been deleted

Joki

Apr 11, 2018, 6:49:21 AM4/11/18
to LCZero
Found an answer myself by some more digging around!

"v0.5 brings important changes to training data generation for speed, and critical bugfixes in the way that history was sent to the net and moves were received. We also now have fractional temperature support for variety in match games, so we should see more opening variety.

Upgrading is required - however, thanks to some great work by Andy Olsen (killerducky), the lczero client remains backwards compatible with old network files.

For UCI users, the engine now defaults to "weights.txt" if no weights parameter is supplied. Also, you can use the "--uci" flag to have it delay initializing until isready is sent, which should fix problems loading in GUIs like Fritz. Time management is also improved.

Contributors this release were (in alphabetical order):
Akababa
Alexander Lyashuk
Andy Olsen
Björgvin Ragnarsson
Brandon Lin
Douady Pâris
Error323
Gary Linscott
Shail Choksi
Tilps
jjoshua2
jkiliani
vchen30
xoto10"

Den onsdag 11 april 2018 kl. 12:37:43 UTC+2 skrev Joki:
I noticed that the main page said there's a new client version required in a couple of days. What are the new interesting changes about it?

FWCC1

Apr 11, 2018, 7:30:44 AM4/11/18
to LCZero
So we will be able to load it into Fritz GUI? When is this available?

Joules Kin

Apr 11, 2018, 7:47:06 AM4/11/18
to LCZero
I just downloaded it. Check the link on the main website

George Tsavdaris

Apr 11, 2018, 8:56:06 AM4/11/18
to LCZero
Is LC0 now using a bigger size network? Can you give details etc about this?

Jens Hartmann

Apr 11, 2018, 12:52:00 PM4/11/18
to LCZero
Fritz GUI doesnt allow uci flags. This is only possible with arena and others. Therefore, it still doesnt work in Fritz GUI.

Peter Österlund

Apr 11, 2018, 1:54:53 PM4/11/18
to LCZero
If the problem is that command line parameters cannot be specified in the Fritz GUI, maybe the "runcmd" program I wrote some time ago to make it possible to use "cluster texel" in aquarium can solve the problem:

epunk

Apr 11, 2018, 2:10:15 PM4/11/18
to LCZero
It will work in Fritz once the fixed version of v0.5 will become available (which is currently in the making). InBetween will still be needed, though. We figured out what was missing for Fritz to accept LC0 earlier today.
I'm going to post a setup guide for Fritz after the said fixed version of the engine has been released.

Jens Hartmann

Apr 11, 2018, 2:17:23 PM4/11/18
to LCZero
Thanks Peter. With your runcmd.exe I get one step further: when creating the engine in Fritz 15, I get "lczero v0.5" in the engine name field, but still nothing happens as soon as I click the OK button.