Re: I get a java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError with anything I try to call (Android)

Mario Fusco

Apr 28, 2013, 5:03:36 AM4/28/13
to lambdaj
Yes, very likely lambdaj won't work on android.
Anyway you're also doing a mistake in using it: you have always to use hamcrest predicate as in:

select(sections, having(on(Section.class).getId(), greatherThan(1)));

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Gonzalo R <zei...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I just downloaded lambdaj to start using it on my Android application. However with any simple call the app crashes with the exception java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError .

The code basically is the following:

Section Entity:

@DatabaseTable(tableName = "sections")
public class Section {

    @DatabaseField(id = true, unique = true)
    private int id;

    @DatabaseField(canBeNull = false)
    private String name;

    public Section() {

    }

    public int getId() {
        return id;
    }

    public void setId(int id) {
        this.id = id;
    }

    public String getName() {
        return name;
    }

    public void setName(String name) {
        this.name = name;
    }
}

The annotations are used by ORMLite to create tables and fields in a DB. I include them in case they're relevant.

And then a simple code like this causes the crash:

List<Section> sections = fillSections(); //the collection is filled correctly

select(sections, having(on(Section.class).getId() > 1));

I tried creating a simple java (console) program and used the same 'Section' class, etc. etc. and it worked... any idea why could this be happening? Does it have to do with Android?

I REALLY would like to use lambdaj so I hope I'm doing some stupid mistake that I'm not seeing now  :(

Thanks!

--

---

Arjun Karangiya