Video call stops after about 1 minute

J Heymans

Sep 17, 2019, 4:29:15 PM9/17/19
to kurento
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me out with a problem I have been trying to fix for almost a week now.
I am trying to get a solution for setting up one 2 one video calls working with Kurento and a Turn (coturn) server.

The current setup is:

- My application (based of the kurento-one2one-call example) & Kurento Media Server -> running on a firewalled network which only allows port 80 & 443 in and out.
- Coturn server running on a server outside of the firewalled network with the required ports opened up.

When setting up the video call it initially starts fine and a connection is established, both parties can see the video streams. But after about a minute the streams stops.
Checking the logs in kurento shows that a "release" command is received and the connection is closed. In the logs of the Coturn server is show 3 refresh messages with a lifetime=0 right before the connection is ended.

I cannot understand why this is happening..
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?

Also, is the setup described above correct? Or do perhaps there need to be more ports opened for in the firewall for the Kurento Media Server?

Igor Zhizhka

Sep 17, 2019, 6:19:25 PM9/17/19
to kur...@googlegroups.com
If on the server installed nginx - check value time-out for websocket conection (default value 60 sec)

J Heymans

Sep 18, 2019, 4:11:45 AM9/18/19
to kurento
Hi Igor, the server indeed has nginx, have sent a request to have this check right away by the infra team.
Really good suggestion! :)