Exception: Flexvolume resize support

Aniket Kulkarni

Sep 7, 2018, 12:48:44 PM9/7/18
to kubernetes-mil...@googlegroups.com, saa...@google.com, bch...@redhat.com, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Amin, Karthikeyan Valliyurnatt, cha...@diamanti.com, hek...@redhat.com

Hi all,

I'd like to file an exception for the Flexvolume resize feature. The PR was close to being merged but there were some code review comments for code restructuring that I couldn't address in time.

Feature name: Flexvolume resize support

Feature status (alpha/beta/stable): alpha
SIG: Storage

K/Features repo issue #https://github.com/kubernetes/features/issues/304
PR #’shttps://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/67851
Additional time needed (in days): 3
Reason this feature is critical for this milestone: Flexvolume drivers need this feature to support the expansion. This is one feature missing only in flexvolume.
Risks from adding code late: (to k8s stability, testing, etc.) This feature will be hidden behind alpha feature gates, so it should be low risk.
Risks from cutting feature: (partial implementation, critical customer usecase, etc.) This is one of the last features needed and approved for flexvolume. Cutting it from this release will extend that deficiency another quarter

Aniket Kulkarni

Architect - Db2 Warehouse On Cloud HA, Scale, Elasticity

IBM

Timothy Pepper

Sep 7, 2018, 1:44:09 PM9/7/18
to Aniket Kulkarni, kubernetes-mil...@googlegroups.com, saa...@google.com, bch...@redhat.com, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Amin, Karthikeyan Valliyurnatt, cha...@diamanti.com, hek...@redhat.com

Because this is alpha only and behind, I’m willing to defer to the SIG leadership (Bradley and Saad) to mark the PR so as to allow merge or not.

Of course please be very on top of CI signal and bug fixing for storage tests as this and some other late storage additions land.

--

Tim Pepper

Orchestration & Containers Lead

VMware Open Source Technology Center

Image removed by sender. IBM

Saad Ali

Sep 7, 2018, 2:02:37 PM9/7/18
to tpe...@vmware.com, aniket....@us.ibm.com, Kubernetes Milestone Burndown, Brad Childs, kubernetes-sig-storage, Sandy Amin, kva...@us.ibm.com, Chakravarthy Nelluri, Hemant Kumar
The exception process is reserved for extraordinary cases. This "Flex volume resizing" feature is being tracked withing SIG-Storage as a P2. That combined with the fact that the reviewers are raising concerns about the direction, means I do not support an exception for this feature. We can pick it for the next release.