Passing of Brad Childs, SIG Storage Co-Chair

Saad Ali

Oct 30, 2019, 4:13:07 PM10/30/19
to kubernetes-sig-storage, kubernetes-dev
I am sad to share that Brad Childs passed away in his home in Austin this past weekend.

Brad (@childsb) served as co-chair of SIG Storage almost since its inception. Over his tenure Brad helped shape SIG Storage into the vibrant community it is today. Those of you who are familiar with the StorageClass Kubernetes API type will appreciate this PR from him.

While Brad’s impact will continue to be felt in the products and communities he helped build, I will remember Brad most for speaking his mind, and being quick with a joke.

We plan to take some time at the Kubernetes SIG Storage face-to-face meeting/contributor summit at Kubecon North America to remember Brad.

If you would like to send flowers, please reach out to Steve Watt (sw...@redhat.com) for details on where to send them.

And finally, please feel free to share any favorite stories, pictures, or memories of Brad in response to this thread.

All the best,

Saad Ali

brad.jpg

Tim Hockin

Oct 30, 2019, 7:09:52 PM10/30/19
to Saad Ali, kubernetes-sig-storage, kubernetes-dev
I have many memories of Brad.  He was a unique character, and I will remember him fondly.  He was never shy to tell me what he thought of my ideas, and he never hesitated to challenge something he didn't believe.

Good travels, friend.

Gopal Sharma

Oct 30, 2019, 7:13:19 PM10/30/19
to Tim Hockin, Saad Ali, kubernetes-sig-storage, kubernetes-dev
+1;

so happy and grateful to have met and known him ......

thanks,

--gopal

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kubernetes-sig-storage" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-storage/CAO_RewbRu7it9gaQnOOXw5rcQopWd%2BD0OTBB59ksX3K1a%3D1dYw%40mail.gmail.com.

Tim St. Clair

Oct 31, 2019, 9:46:20 AM10/31/19
to Tim Hockin, Saad Ali, kubernetes-dev, kubernetes-sig-storage
Just to echo TimH's sentiments.

I also had several fond memories with Brad, and I will always remember his sense of humor, and unfettered honesty.

All the best,
Tim

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAO_RewbRu7it9gaQnOOXw5rcQopWd%2BD0OTBB59ksX3K1a%3D1dYw%40mail.gmail.com.

nelc...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2019, 10:14:26 AM10/31/19
to Tim St. Clair, Tim Hockin, Saad Ali, kubernetes-dev, kubernetes-sig-storage
Really sad to hear that.

Have lots of fun and great memories working with him. Gonna miss him. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 1:13 PM Saad Ali <saa...@google.com> wrote:
[...]

Mosudi Isiaka

Oct 31, 2019, 10:40:59 AM10/31/19
to Saad Ali, kubernetes-sig-storage, kubernetes-dev
Condolences, I am sorry for the loss. My thoughts are with his family.
  He is going to be missed greatly. RIP Brad!

Jay Vyas

Jose A. Rivera

Oct 31, 2019, 4:07:44 PM10/31/19
to Jay Vyas, Mosudi Isiaka, Saad Ali, kubernetes-sig-storage, kubernetes-dev
Brad helped me through a bit of a rough patch in my career, and for
that I'll be forever grateful. I was always looking forward to the
next time I could hang out with him, and he made some mean chili. I'll
sure as heck miss both.

--Jose
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kubernetes-sig-storage" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-storage/1E9755FB-4705-4C9C-9CFF-A3F21EE415DF%40gmail.com.

Michael Rubin

Nov 4, 2019, 4:15:55 PM11/4/19
to Jose A. Rivera, Jay Vyas, Mosudi Isiaka, Saad Ali, kubernetes-sig-storage, kubernetes-dev
Brad. I miss you. You welcomed me and so many others into this community. You got stuff done.

Thank you.

mrubin

Saad Ali

Nov 20, 2019, 5:05:26 PM11/20/19
to kubernetes-sig-storage
Thank you to the CNCF for putting together a beautiful tribute video for Brad at Kubecon, and memorial page. Rest in peace, Brad!