ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED - Upcoming steering committee election

Tim Hockin

Aug 9, 2017, 11:39:48 PM8/9/17
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kubernauts,

This summer we have defined and solidified the plans for the first
Kubernetes Steering Committee election. We're sorting out the last
details of dates right now, but we hope to open the voting on or
around September 19th.

As a brief reminder of the plan
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LelgXRs6mjYzaZOzh4X-4uqhHGsFHYD3dbDRYVYml-0/edit#)
:
* There are 6 seats up for election - 3 with 2 year terms, 3 with one
year terms.
* Anyone may stand for election.
* All Members of Standing may vote.

If you want to stand for election, send an email to kubernetes-dev
(this list) saying something like "I nominate myself for the steering
committee". If you want to nominate someone else, you may do so, but
PLEASE talk to them first. If you wish to accept a nomination, reply
to the nomination email saying something like "I accept the
nomination".

Once nominated, you must get the endorsement of 3 Members of Standing,
from 3 different employers. If you have standing yourself, you count
as one of the three. To endorse someone, reply to the endorsement
thread saying something like "I endorse this nomination".

We have identified the below list of Members of Standing. If your
name is on this list, please fill out the following form, accepting
your standing and giving us your email address for the voting system.
https://goo.gl/forms/dYrYMuaoBiEHPObz2

We expect that this list is incomplete, and we welcome requests for
exceptions. If you feel that you have been omitted from this list,
please forgive me. This same form can be used to request standing
with a simple sentence or two explaining why you think you have
standing. https://goo.gl/forms/dYrYMuaoBiEHPObz2

If you do not fill out this form before September 13th, YOU MAY NOT BE
ABLE TO VOTE in this election. Spread the word. Rock the vote.

On behalf of the bootstrap steering committee,
Tim

The List:

@3cky
@aaronlevy
@abithap
@abrarshivani
@adamreese
@adityadani
@adohe
@agonzalezro
@aledbf
@aleksandra-malinowska
@alekssaul
@anguslees
@ant31
@apelisse
@apsinha
@a-robinson
@aronchick
@arschles
@artfulcoder
@asalkeld
@aveshagarwal
@balajismaniam
@baludontu
@bentheelder
@bgrant0607
@bmelvill
@bmelville
@bobbyrullo
@bogdando
@bowei
@bprashanth
@brancz
@brendandburns
@bryk
@bsalamat
@bskiba
@caesarxuchao
@calebamiles
@caseydavenport
@castrojo
@cblecker
@cdrage
@chakri-nelluri
@cheftako
@childsb
@chira001
@chrislovecnm
@chuckbutler
@cjcullen
@c-knowles
@cmluciano
@coffeepac
@cofyc
@colemickens
@colhom
@connordoyle
@containscafeine
@countspongebob
@crassirostris
@croomes
@csbell
@cynerva
@cyphar
@dagnello
@dalanlan
@danielfm
@danielromlein
@danwinship
@david-mcmahon
@davidopp
@dcbw
@dchen1107
@ddonnelly
@ddysher
@deads2k
@derekwaynecarr
@dgoodwin
@dims
@directxman12
@divyenpatel
@dmmcquay
@dnardo
@dshulyak
@duglin
@enisoc
@eparis
@ericchiang
@erictune
@errordeveloper
@ethernetdan
@euank
@fabianofranz
@fabioy
@fabxc
@feihujiang
@feiskyer
@fejta
@fgrzadkowski
@fibonacci1729
@filbranden
@foxish
@freehan
@ghodss
@girishkalele
@gmarek
@gnufied
@goltermann
@grodrigues3
@heartlock
@hjacobs
@hodovska
@hongchaodeng
@humblec
@ideahitme
@idvoretskyi
@igorpeshansky
@ihmccreery
@imkin
@ingvagabund
@irfanurrehman
@iterion
@ivan4th
@ixdy
@janetkuo
@jaredbhatti
@jaydumars
@jayunit100
@jbeda
@jdef
@jeffmendoza
@jeffvance
@jessfraz
@jianhuiz
@jimmidyson
@jingxu97
@jlowdermilk
@johscheuer
@jollinshead
@josephjacks
@jpeeler
@jregan
@jsafrane
@jszczepkowski
@juanvallejo
@justinsb
@k82cn
@kadel
@kargakis
@kashomon
@kelseyhightower
@kerneltime
@kevin-wangzefeng
@kow3ns
@krancour
@kris-nova
@krousey
@ktsakalozos
@lachie83
@lavalamp
@liggitt
@linki
@lixiaobing10051267
@lojies
@lukaszo
@lukemarsden
@luomiao
@luxas
@m1093782566
@maciekpytel
@madhusudancs
@madhusundancs
@marcoceppi
@markturansky
@marun
@matchstick
@mattfarina
@mattymo
@mbohlool
@mbruzek
@mengqiy
@mfanjie
@mfburnett
@mfojtik
@mgoodness
@mhbauer
@michellen
@migmartri
@mikaelcluseau
@mikebrow
@mikedanese
@mikespreitzer
@mml
@mqliang
@mrhohn
@mrubin
@mrunalp
@msau42
@mtaufen
@mumoshu
@mwielgus
@ncdc
@nelcy
@ngtuna
@nhlfr
@nickrenren
@nicksardo
@nikhiljindal
@paulbakker
@philips
@Phillels
@ping035627
@piosz
@pipejakob
@pires
@pmorie
@prydonius
@pweil-
@pwittrock
@q-lee
@quinton-hoole
@quofelix
@raffo
@raggi
@random-liu
@rata
@ravisantoshgudimetla
@redbaron
@resouer
@richieescarez
@rjnagal
@rkouj
@rmmh
@roberthbailey
@rootfs
@rrati
@rsmitty
@runcom
@runseb
@rusenask
@saad-ali
@sameersbn
@sameo
@satnam6502
@screeley44
@sdminonne
@seanknox
@sebgoa
@sgallagher
@shashidharatd
@shyamjvs
@simonswine
@sjenning
@sjug
@smana
@smarterclayton
@soltysh
@spiffxp
@spothanis
@spxtr
@stp-ip
@sttts
@surajssd
@svanharmelen
@tallclair
@technosophos
@therc
@thockin
@thomastaylor312
@timothysc
@timstclair
@tmrts
@tvansteenburgh
@unguiculus
@vaikas-google
@viglesias
@vishh
@vmarmol
@wasylkowski
@wojtek-t
@wongma7
@wwwtyro
@x13n
@xiang90
@xiangpengzhao
@xlgao-zju
@xsgordon
@yifan-gu
@yujuhong
@zehicle
@zen
@zihongz
@zmerlynn

Quinton Hoole

Aug 10, 2017, 1:38:17 AM8/10/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
I nominate myself for the steering committee.

Quinton Hoole
qui...@hoole.biz

Tim Hockin

Aug 10, 2017, 2:02:24 AM8/10/17
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com
A point I forgot to mention - the bootstrap committee members have
recused themselves from any form of electioneering, including
campaigning, nominating, endorsing, or even asking people to run.

DL duglin

Aug 10, 2017, 8:39:19 AM8/10/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
Can a person endorse more than one nominee?
-Doug

Tim Hockin

Aug 10, 2017, 11:48:25 AM8/10/17
to DL duglin, Joe Beda, Brian Grant, Brendan Burns, Clayton Coleman, Brandon Philips, Sarah Novotny, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
I don't think we explicitly said that, but I don't see why not. Any
dissent from bootstrappers?

mich...@deis.com

Aug 10, 2017, 11:48:33 AM8/10/17
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, tho...@google.com, qui...@hoole.biz
I endorse Quinton's nomination. :)

Quinton Hoole
qui...@hoole.biz

mich...@deis.com

Aug 10, 2017, 11:53:16 AM8/10/17
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, dug...@gmail.com, j...@heptio.com, brian...@google.com, brendan...@gmail.com, ccol...@redhat.com, brandon...@coreos.com, sarahn...@google.com
I found this statement in the steering committee charter: "Nominators are free to nominate or endorse as many people as they wish to."
Is the word "Nominators" meant to be the phrase "Members of standing"?

Tim Hockin

Aug 10, 2017, 1:16:41 PM8/10/17
to Michelle Noorali, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, DL duglin, Joe Beda, Brian Grant, Brendan Burns, Clayton Coleman, Brandon Philips, Sarah Novotny

Ilya Dmitrichenko

Aug 10, 2017, 1:39:59 PM8/10/17
to Tim Hockin, Michelle Noorali, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, DL duglin, Joe Beda, Brian Grant, Brendan Burns, Clayton Coleman, Brandon Philips, Sarah Novotny

I nominate myself for the steering committee.

Michael Rubin

Aug 10, 2017, 1:54:50 PM8/10/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
I nominate myself for the steering committee.

matchstick on github
mrubin@google on SMTP

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 8:39 PM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes
developer/contributor discussion <kuberne...@googlegroups.com>
wrote:

DL duglin

Aug 10, 2017, 2:24:30 PM8/10/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
I nominate myself for the steering committee.

-Doug Davis
GitHub: duglin

Tim St. Clair

Aug 10, 2017, 2:33:01 PM8/10/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
I nominate myself for the steering committee.

timothysc on github
tstc...@heptio.com

-Tim

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:39 PM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes
wrote:
> --

Cheers,
Timothy St. Clair

“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways
you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all
the people you can. As long as ever you can.”

Jessie Frazelle

Aug 10, 2017, 2:35:03 PM8/10/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com, Tim Allclair
I nominate Tim St Clair @tallclair/@timsstclair

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 11:39 PM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes
developer/contributor discussion <kuberne...@googlegroups.com>

Joseph Jacks

Aug 10, 2017, 2:50:24 PM8/10/17
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
I endorse this nomination.

caleb...@coreos.com

Aug 10, 2017, 2:57:02 PM8/10/17
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Perhaps we should follow Aaron's example and create individual posts to `kubernetes-dev` regarding the nominations since acking them here may be tricky.

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 11:50:24 AM UTC-7, Joseph Jacks wrote:
I endorse this nomination.

Brian Grant

Aug 10, 2017, 3:26:52 PM8/10/17
to Caleb Miles, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
+1. I can't tell who JJ is endorsing.

Piotr Szczesniak

Brian Grant

Aug 10, 2017, 3:53:17 PM8/10/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 8:39 PM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion <kuberne...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Dear Kubernauts,

This summer we have defined and solidified the plans for the first
Kubernetes Steering Committee election.  We're sorting out the last
details of dates right now, but we hope to open the voting on or
around September 19th.

As a brief reminder of the plan
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LelgXRs6mjYzaZOzh4X-4uqhHGsFHYD3dbDRYVYml-0/edit#)

Sorry, the right link is:

I'll include the relevant sections here and, afterward, additional context presented at the leadership summit.

Establishment of a steering committee

To bootstrap the process of Kubernetes governance, seven individuals (Joe Beda, Brendan Burns, Clayton Coleman, Brian Grant, Tim Hockin, Sarah Novotny and Brandon Philips) were identified to be the Bootstrap Committee, to provide the initial process that can bootstrap the remainder of the process.

The Bootstrap Committee will be replaced by the Kubernetes Steering Committee. Ultimately, the Kubernetes Steering Committee will consist of 7 members of the community elected for 2 year terms.  The terms will be staggered with 1 year elections (alternating 4 seats and 3 seats).

To provide a level of continuity as this process is established, the initial committee will include continuity members, expanding the size to 13 members, which will be eliminated after the first two years.

This year (2017) as this approval is enacted, the committee will consist of the members of the bootstrap committee (Joe Beda, Brendan Burns, Clayton Coleman, Brian Grant, Tim Hockin, Sarah Novotny, Brandon Philips) plus 6 positions to be elected from the community. Of the 6 members that are elected, 3 will have a 2 year term and 3 will have 1 year term.

One year later (in 2018) there will be an election of the 3 people serving a one year term. The continuity members of the original bootstrap committee will continue to serve.

One year after that (2019), the continuity positions will be eliminated and the committee will shrink to the final size of 7.  There will be an election to fill the 4 open seats on the steering committee. The previous continuity members are eligible to run for these seats.

The committee will continue to iterate with alternating elections of three and four members each year.

For clarity, a table describing this process is given below:

Year

Continuity

Election Cohort #1

Election Cohort #2

2017

7 people

3 people (2yr term)

3 people (1yr term)

2018

-

-

3 people (2yr term)

2019

0 people

4 people (2yr term)

-

2020

-

-

3 people (2yr term)

2021

-

4 people (2yr term)

-

Elections

Special note: The bootstrap committee pledges to recuse itself from any direct election activities while they serve as continuity members. Members of the bootstrap committee will refrain from endorsing or otherwise advocating for any candidate (with the exception that the members of the bootstrap committee may vote in the elections, and may choose to run in the 2019 election).

Members of Standing

Standing in the Kubernetes community will be defined by the union of:

  • SIG leads

  • Approvers and reviewers in any Kubernetes owned repositories

  • Anyone with write access to a Kubernetes owned repository

The bootstrap committee explicitly believes that this heuristic will be inaccurate and not represent the entire community. An exception form will be provided for people who have contributed to the project but may not meet these criteria. Exception applications will be approved by the bootstrap committee will vote on this eligibility, with simple majority determining eligibility. The exception process will be used as data points for refining the criteria for the future.

Within its first year, the Steering Committee will redefine these criteria around a more robust idea of community membership.

Eligibility for candidacy

Anyone may nominate either themselves or someone else to be a candidate in the election. To be ratified as a candidate, the nominee must accept the nomination and three Members of Standing (including the nominator, if she/he has standing) from three different employers, must endorse the nomination.

Nominators are free to nominate as many people as they wish to. Members of Standing may endorse multiple nominees, but we expect endorsements to be be in good faith.  If this turns out to be a problem, this will be reconsidered.

Eligibility for voting

All Members of Standing are eligible to vote for the steering committee members.

Election process

Elections will be held using time-limited Condorcet ranking on CIVS. The top vote getters will be elected to the respective positions.

Maximal representation

To encourage diversity there will be a maximum of one-third representation on the Steering Committee from any one company at any time. If the results of an election result in greater than 1/3 representation, the lowest vote getters from any particular company will be removed until representation on the committee is less than one-third.

If percentages shift because of job changes, acquisitions, or other events, sufficient members of the committee must resign until max one-third representation is achieved. If it is impossible to find sufficient members to resign, the entire company’s representation will be removed and new special elections held. In the event of a question of company membership (for example evaluating independence of corporate subsidiaries) a majority of all non-involved Steering Committee members will decide.

Initial Election

Because of the need to bootstrap a staggered election cycle, some of the initial committee members will only serve a single year term. These three people will be the lowest vote getters from the top six in the initial election.

The bootstrap committee will operate the election and circulate a timeline for nominations, and the vote.

Additional rationale
  • Why 13 people? It seems like too many.
    • We wanted to ensure that there was new blood among the steering committee, and not just the usual suspects. The founders of the project have been working on it since 2013, which is a long time already.
  • Why can't we just allow anyone who wants to vote to vote?
    • We intend to make that more or less true, for anyone who is legitimately part of the community. However, we also wanted to make who could stand for election as open as possible, with a low bar for entry. Therefore, we decided to vet the voting population, and have confidence that they will elect the best candidates.
  • Why is the bootstrap committee automatically included in the steering committee?
    • The bootstrap committee is comprised of people who care deeply about the project and have deep institutional knowledge about the codebase and the project structure, processes, etc. We wanted to provide some continuity with respect to how the project currently operates, an opportunity to transfer that knowledge, make time for fleshing out the governance in more detail while moving relatively quickly, and mitigate problems experienced by other projects.
    • They also will lend clout to the committee, which currently resides with the founders and de facto leaders.
    • We also wanted the committee to be able to recuse themselves entirely from campaigning and endorsements.
  • Why the 2-year transition and staggering?
    • Based on experience, two years is short enough to provide urgency while long enough to serve its purpose in smoothing the transition.
    • It ensures that some of the bootstrap committee will be replaced in 2 years.

:

caleb...@coreos.com

Brian Grant

Aug 10, 2017, 3:54:55 PM8/10/17
to Piotr Szczesniak, Caleb Miles, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Piotr Szczesniak <pszcz...@google.com> wrote:
Can we have a better way of handling this than emails? Maybe google form?

We want the nomination process to be as transparent as possible, and to motivate potential nominees to throw their hat in sooner rather than later. However, if we get 50 nominations, I imagine it will be handled differently in the next election.

Piotr

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 9:26 PM, 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion <kubernetes-dev@googlegroups.com> wrote:
+1. I can't tell who JJ is endorsing.

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:57 AM, <caleb...@coreos.com> wrote:
Perhaps we should follow Aaron's example and create individual posts to `kubernetes-dev` regarding the nominations since acking them here may be tricky.

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 11:50:24 AM UTC-7, Joseph Jacks wrote:
I endorse this nomination.

Tim Hockin

Aug 10, 2017, 4:00:19 PM8/10/17
to Caleb Miles, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, Brian Grant

Joseph Jacks

Aug 10, 2017, 4:14:55 PM8/10/17
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, caleb...@coreos.com
Sorry, Brian.

I endorse Quinton Hoole.

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 12:26:52 PM UTC-7, Brian Grant wrote:
+1. I can't tell who JJ is endorsing.
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:57 AM, <caleb...@coreos.com> wrote:
Perhaps we should follow Aaron's example and create individual posts to `kubernetes-dev` regarding the nominations since acking them here may be tricky.

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 11:50:24 AM UTC-7, Joseph Jacks wrote:
I endorse this nomination.

dec...@redhat.com

Aug 10, 2017, 5:02:19 PM8/10/17
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
I endorse Quinton as well.

Brian Grant

Aug 11, 2017, 12:18:56 PM8/11/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
Some people have asked: "what am I signing up for?"

What do we expect the Steering Committee job to entail?

Primarily, a lot of work formalizing how the project operates and should operate and writing detailed documents. We have started a backlog of issues. We expect this backlog to get much, much longer, as community members ask "how should this work?". If enough people who aren't on the Steering Committee want to help, a Working Group may be formed to include them in the effort.

There will, of course, be other matters within the scope of the Steering Committee, such as dealing with funding requests.

Hopefully escalations from SIGs will be a small part of the responsibility, and we expect many such escalations to be remanded back to some SIG.

Brian Grant

Aug 11, 2017, 12:54:59 PM8/11/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
And, while the enthusiasm and support are great to see, please save voting for the actual vote. :-)

We only need 3 endorsements from members of standing for each nomination.

Brian Grant

Aug 11, 2017, 12:58:18 PM8/11/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
To clarify, here's the relevant section:

To be ratified as a candidate, the nominee must accept the nomination and three Members of Standing (including the nominator, if she/he has standing) from three different employers, must endorse the nomination.

Davanum Srinivas

Aug 11, 2017, 1:01:44 PM8/11/17
to Brian Grant, Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
It would be great to hear from the candidates about their plans/ideas for the project as well.

Thanks,
Dims

Brian Grant

Aug 11, 2017, 1:06:40 PM8/11/17
to Davanum Srinivas, Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com, Jorge Castro
Good point. Probably we should collect that somewhere for reference, like a voter guide.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Davanum Srinivas <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
It would be great to hear from the candidates about their plans/ideas for the project as well.

Thanks,
Dims

Brian Grant

Aug 11, 2017, 1:08:08 PM8/11/17
to Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
In case you missed it:

If you want to vote in the election, you need to fill out the form, even if your github id is in the list.

We only have 68 responses so far.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 8:39 PM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion <kuberne...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Dear Kubernauts,

This summer we have defined and solidified the plans for the first
Kubernetes Steering Committee election.  We're sorting out the last
details of dates right now, but we hope to open the voting on or
around September 19th.

As a brief reminder of the plan
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LelgXRs6mjYzaZOzh4X-4uqhHGsFHYD3dbDRYVYml-0/edit#)

Tim Hockin

Aug 11, 2017, 1:17:19 PM8/11/17
to Brian Grant, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
Please continue to spread the word. I know that not everyone whose
github handles were listed is going to see this email, and I know that
not everyone who deserves a vote is on that list.

If you think you really do have standing, just ask, and we'll do
everything we can to say yes!

Fill out the form!!

Tim
>> email to kubernetes-de...@googlegroups.com.

Alexis Richardson

Aug 11, 2017, 1:19:40 PM8/11/17
to Tim Hockin, Brian Grant, kuberne...@googlegroups.com

Have you posted on cncf lists?  May be a good moment for that.....

Brian Grant

Aug 11, 2017, 1:24:50 PM8/11/17
to Alexis Richardson, Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
To be clear, we're trying to reach Kubernetes community members, as opposed to other interested parties.

We expect voters to have directly participated in the project in some way and to be somewhat familiar with how the project operates and with the candidates.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Alexis Richardson <ale...@weave.works> wrote:

Have you posted on cncf lists?  May be a good moment for that.....

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAO_RewaAFe%2Bkminn3phMxOz42qie%2BwUV2keKSibu9idhijDSCw%40mail.gmail.com.

Alexis Richardson

Aug 11, 2017, 1:25:55 PM8/11/17
to Brian Grant, Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
I understand that, but not all of those will be on this mailing list.

>> email to kubernetes-de...@googlegroups.com.

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAO_RewaAFe%2Bkminn3phMxOz42qie%2BwUV2keKSibu9idhijDSCw%40mail.gmail.com.

Tim Hockin

Aug 11, 2017, 1:28:16 PM8/11/17
to Alexis Richardson, Brian Grant, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
Can we blanket spam everyone on slack?

Brian Grant

Aug 11, 2017, 1:29:06 PM8/11/17
to Alexis Richardson, Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAO_RewaAFe%2Bkminn3phMxOz42qie%2BwUV2keKSibu9idhijDSCw%40mail.gmail.com.

Brian Grant

Aug 11, 2017, 1:30:11 PM8/11/17
to Tim Hockin, Alexis Richardson, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:27 AM, Tim Hockin <tho...@google.com> wrote:
Can we blanket spam everyone on slack?

Yes, this looks possible. I'll do it.

Joe Beda

Aug 11, 2017, 1:32:50 PM8/11/17
to Tim Hockin, Alexis Richardson, Brian Grant, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
Wrt spamming Slack -- this might be a good usage of the `@everyone` command on the general channel.  https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/202009646-Make-an-announcement.  But that is a sharp knife.

Joe

Jorge Castro

Aug 11, 2017, 1:35:15 PM8/11/17
to Brian Grant, Davanum Srinivas, Tim Hockin, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
Debian does a page where each nominee has a page with their platform on it: https://www.debian.org/vote/2015/platforms/

We could perhaps do something similar with a kubernetes/community/2017-election/ with an INDEX.md and ask nominees to PR individual platform statements.  This would also be easier for people to digest than asking them to sort through posts on the list.

Brian Grant

Aug 11, 2017, 1:38:38 PM8/11/17
to Joe Beda, Tim Hockin, Alexis Richardson, kuberne...@googlegroups.com
Done.

kubernetes-users is apparently our team-wide channel.

It caused slack to hiccup.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Joe Beda <j...@heptio.com> wrote:
Wrt spamming Slack -- this might be a good usage of the `@everyone` command on the general channel.  https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/202009646-Make-an-announcement.  But that is a sharp knife.

Joe

jay vyas

Aug 15, 2017, 3:32:50 PM8/15/17
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, tho...@google.com
On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 2:33:01 PM UTC-4, Tim St. Clair wrote:

I endorse this nomination.
I nominate myself for the steering committee.

timothysc on github
tstc...@heptio.com

-Tim

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:39 PM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes
developer/contributor discussion <kuberne...@googlegroups.com>
Cheers,
Timothy St. Clair

“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways
you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all
the people you can. As long as ever you can.”
This conversation is locked