Call for Mentors and Project Ideas for GSoC 2019

Nikhita

Jan 17, 2019, 1:06:48 PM1/17/19
to kubernetes-dev, Paris Pittman, Ihor Dvoretskyi

Hey all,

Kubernetes is participating in the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2019 program and we are looking for project ideas and mentors!

TLDR - If you are interested to apply as a mentor, please submit your project idea to https://github.com/cncf/soc#kubernetes by 6th Feb.

What is GSoC

GSoC is an annual international program which pays students to work on open source projects during the summer. Each student works on a project idea and has one or more mentors.

What we need from you

A project idea that is feasible for students to work on for 3 months and that you are willing to mentor. You can also have co-mentors.

If you are interested in mentoring:

  1. Submit your project idea here: https://github.com/cncf/soc#kubernetes by 6th Feb, using a template. You can also find examples of project ideas in the repo.

  2. Join the #gsoc-apps channel on slack, where prospective students can reach out to you.

  3. Label issues related to the project with “good first issue” or “help wanted” so that students can work on these for their application.

Kubernetes’ previous experience with GSoC

GSoC was a starting point for many of our active contributors and subproject owners, including Benjamin Elder, Marko Mudrinić, and Nikhita Raghunath!

Contact

In case of any questions, please contact @nikhita, @paris or @ihor.dvoretskyi on Slack.

Links

You can also find more information here:

Best,

Nikhita, Paris and Ihor

Paris Pittman

Jan 28, 2019, 1:35:08 PM1/28/19
to kubernetes-dev, Ihor Dvoretskyi, Nikhita
Bumping this.

Does your SIG have a project that a google summer of code intern could work on? Ask in your next update meeting or start a thread on your mailing list. February 6th is the deadline.
--

Paris Pittman

Kubernetes Community

Open Source Strategy, Google Cloud