Re: Cleaning up SIG Release GitHub teams

Stephen Augustus

Jan 8, 2019, 11:15:37 PM1/8/19
to kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Circling back on this...
We've been discussing cleaning up the kubernetes-milestone-maintainers GitHub for a little while[1][2] and Aaron had a wonderful idea; let's just purge the list for the new year!
Hearing no strong objections on those issues or the 1.14 RT call this week, I plan on removing all members, except SIG Release Chairs and the 1.14 Release Team, this Friday.

With peribolos around the corner[3], we'll be able to handle and track new additions to the team via k/org.

-- Stephen Augustus (@justaugustus) // SIG Release Chair

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 6:16 PM Stephen Augustus <Ste...@agst.us> wrote:
So here's what we did...
  • Add Tim Pepper and myself as maintainers for all SIG Release groups
  • Delete:
    • sig-release-api-reviews
    • sig-release-bugs
    • sig-release-feature-requests
    • sig-release-misc
    • sig-release-pr-reviews
    • sig-release-proposals
    • sig-release-test-failures
    • release-maintainers
    • release-admins
  • sig-release-members
  • Update SIG Release contact info: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/2941
  • Cleanup up repo admins for k/sig-release and k/release
There are still a few things to do:
  • Prune kubernetes-milestone-maintainers - #241
  • Prune kubernetes-release-managers
  • Add subproject OWNERS to sig-release
  • Close out the cleanup issue
Feel free to call out anything that I might be missing! :)

-- Stephen Augustus // SIG Release Chair

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 7:14 AM Stephen Augustus <Ste...@agst.us> wrote:
Hey y'all,

I just realized a bunch of GitHub team notifications are going out that could be cause for alarm, so I'm shooting out a quick note.
I'm in the process of cleaning up SIG Release GitHub teams, as part of this issue: https://github.com/kubernetes/sig-release/issues/353

I'll send an update when I've finished.

-- Stephen Augustus // SIG Release Chair

lig...@google.com

Jan 8, 2019, 11:20:36 PM1/8/19
to Stephen Augustus, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
That's not what was proposed in the issue, what was proposed was "Add the release team. Add current SIG chairs or TLs.", not just SIG Release chairs/release team.

Stephen Augustus

Jan 8, 2019, 11:24:00 PM1/8/19
to lig...@google.com, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Thanks for the catch, Jordan. All Chairs / TLs was the intent; not just SIG Release.

Josh Berkus

Jan 9, 2019, 12:16:36 PM1/9/19
On 01/08/2019 08:14 PM, Stephen Augustus wrote:
> Hearing no strong objections on those issues or the 1.14 RT call this
> week, I plan on removing all members, except SIG Release Chairs and the
> 1.14 Release Team, this Friday.

What about SIG Technical Leads? They should have MM as well. No?

Josh Berkus
Kubernetes Community
Red Hat OSAS

Stephen Augustus

Jan 9, 2019, 12:25:39 PM1/9/19
to Josh Berkus, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Yep, all SIG Chairs and TLs will be included.

Stephen Augustus

Jan 11, 2019, 3:51:10 PM1/11/19
to Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
I'll be proceeding with this work shortly.

Stephen Augustus

Jan 15, 2019, 4:16:39 PM1/15/19
to kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com
Just to close the loop. This work has been completed.
We also went ahead and updated the other SIG Release teams, so our cleanup issue[1] is now closed. PRs are here[2][3].

h/t to Christoph for running the peribolos syncs! :)

-- Stephen

[1] https://github.com/kubernetes/sig-release/issues/353
This conversation is locked