Running label_sync for all managed kubernetes github orgs

Aaron Crickenberger

Aug 15, 2018, 6:32:56 PM8/15/18
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Hi all,

Today, a cronjob runs label_sync against the kubernetes and kubernetes-sigs orgs [1]. This ensures the same set of labels exist across all repos [2].

I'd like to update the job to run against the remaining actively managed kubernetes orgs: kubernetes-client, kubernetes-csi, and kubernetes-incubator

Lazy consensus: if I hear no objections here or in the PR [3] by Monday 3pm PT, I will proceed.

- aaron

Morgan Bauer

Aug 15, 2018, 7:10:23 PM8/15/18
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com

I think this is a positive for consistency. Especially for new projects.

How much of each label is synced? Is it only the label-text? Do we also get the description and colors?

Aaron Crickenberger

Aug 15, 2018, 9:00:31 PM8/15/18
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Everything gets synced.  Description, colors, migration of other labels.  The sight of bland, colorless labels in kubernetes-csi repos using prow may have had something to do with my decision to kick this off :)

Also, the sync is additive.  If your repo has labels not mentioned in label_sync's config, they will be untouched.

- aaron

Aaron Crickenberger

Aug 20, 2018, 8:55:50 PM8/20/18
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Having heard no objections, the PR has merged.  Changes will take effect the next time label_sync runs.

- aaron
This conversation is locked