v2.7.1 release plan

Nikita Melnichenko

Jul 15, 2018, 2:48:08 AM7/15/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com

Hi devs,

I propose we make a bugfix release in v2.7 branch in about 3 months after initial release. We've got several fixes in master, I backported most of them to the branch and will backport the remaining later. Let's do a feature freeze on 2018-07-22. Since it's a bugfix release, it should be trivial, I just mean we won't add bugfixes that modify any behavior (even shortcuts) after this point.

Do you have any bugs you want to fix before the release?

Do we have any reported regressions for v2.6.0 to v2.7.0 upgrade? I can't recall any.

Do you have any unpublished work?

For the active code reviews:

  • D13007 (Synchronizer: Rework) - this is for v2.8+
  • D13499 (End a quicksearch after a matched item has been interacted with) - should be included in v2.7 as it's a fix for a regression in v2.5
  • D13904 (Adapt and improve the debug logging system) - probably not for v2.7 since it's not a bugfix

Thanks,
Nikita.

Toni Asensi Esteve

Jul 16, 2018, 8:34:42 AM7/16/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

> I propose we make a bugfix release in v2.7 branch in about 3 months

> after initial release. We've got several fixes in master [...]

I agree that a bugfix release after three months is a good idea. Also, as the last release was not too long ago, the knowledge about releasing still remains :-) and it's also a good chance to test and improve Krusader's [Release Howto](https://phabricator.kde.org/w/krusader/release-howto/) :-)

Greetings!

Toni

Nikita Melnichenko

Jul 23, 2018, 2:32:09 AM7/23/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com, Yuri Chornoivan
Thanks Toni!

Since there was no objection, we freeze features today.
Documentation is in a good shape thanks to Yuri.
Proposed string freeze and doc freeze date: 2018-07-29
Proposed release date: 2018-08-12

Yuri, do you know if we can switch translation of strings and docs to
the 2.7 branch? It's a stable branch and there will be difference with
master eventually.

Nikita.

Yuri Chornoivan

Jul 23, 2018, 2:40:31 AM7/23/18
to Nikita Melnichenko, krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It is enough to ask kde-i1...@kde.org to add stable branch of translation. Luigi Toscano (our coordinator) will do the rest. Should I do this?

Best regards,
Yuri

Nikita Melnichenko

Jul 23, 2018, 3:05:40 AM7/23/18
to Yuri Chornoivan, krusade...@googlegroups.com

I just thought it would be easier to wire against a fixed branch with a general name. I pushed 'stable' branch which we can set to the current stable sources. Currently it's the same head as 2.7. Please ask to add this branch as stable branch of translation.

Thanks,
Nikita.

Nikita Melnichenko

Jul 29, 2018, 12:06:49 AM7/29/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
FYI, I removed '2.7' branch in favor of 'stable'. This will ease
supporting the stable release and avoid conflicts with automated
systems. Now 'stable' is configured as a stable translation branch and
scripts like l10n daemon will commit to the branch directly. Recently
this caused a split making '2.7' and 'stable' not in sync. We can
re-create '2.7' later when we stop supporting it as a stable branch.