problem with loading forms from file

sklar

Oct 19, 2012, 1:23:41 PM10/19/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to upload a form from my desktop of a xml file I started earlier. When i go to the main menu and click open from file the pop up window with the close button comes up but there is no time ticker and the file browser doesn't open like usual.

Suggestions?

Neil Hendrick

Oct 19, 2012, 1:49:56 PM10/19/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Sklar,

The file browser depends on Java, and your system's java must be a recent version, at least Java 1.6

Open a command terminal, type:
C:\kobosync>java -version

You should see output that tells you the version:

java version "1.6.0_17"

So, if you are running a lesser version of Java, then you must update your Java.

It may be that this is not your issue. If not, first make sure that you are using Firefox. If so, You might find that simply deleting the cache in Firefox, and restarting the browser, will clear up your problem. Try

  1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options
  2. Select the Advanced panel.
  3. Click on the Network tab.
  4. In the Cached Web Content section, click Clear Now.

Try these fixes and let us know if it works for you or not.

~Neil

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM, sklar <soilre.so...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to upload a form from my desktop of a xml file I started earlier. When i go to the main menu and click open from file the pop up window with the close button comes up but there is no time ticker and the file browser doesn't open like usual.

Suggestions?

sklar

Oct 20, 2012, 12:27:33 PM10/20/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
I am running on Mac OSX version 10.7.5 with java 7 update 9. I also tried clearing the cache but still no luck.

Neil Hendrick

Oct 24, 2012, 7:59:57 PM10/24/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Sklar,

Are you using the offline or online version of KoBoForm?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kobo-users/-/VYW7_pl8cYUJ.