Looking for help creating "Child Surveys" --- Cascading Sheets???

Imobi

Jul 23, 2012, 5:32:47 AM7/23/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am new to KOBO and have limited background in IT/Computer programming etc...  I am looking to create 'child surveys' in my survey - I have read the tutorials for Cascading Style Sheets but am not convinced or understand if this is the right thing for me.

Basically, I have a Main Survey(1) which will have basic questions such as date, time, name & the last question would be something like "Which inspection would you like to perform" > answers: "inspection, plumbing, retail desks" etc. Upon selection of one of those answers a child survey(2) would open. On occasion I would have another child survey(3) interrupt and open, for instance this would occur if one of the questions answers might be "needs maintenance" and then would need to open an 'incident correction form' where the user must complete this survey(3) & upon completion it would need to go back to child survey(2) so the user can finish it.

I hope this is clear and that someone could help point me in the right direction. Thank you VERY much!

celine

Jul 23, 2012, 4:11:59 PM7/23/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Take a look at the Skip Logic feature: http://www.kobotoolbox.org/support/userguide/koboform/skip-logic

(To start I advise the Getting Started tutorial: http://www.kobotoolbox.org/support/userguide/koboform/getting-started-koboform)
Message has been deleted

Imobi

Jul 25, 2012, 8:32:16 AM7/25/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Celine,

Thank you for the links.

Does this mean that I would have to apply a skip logic to every question though? Sometimes I have 30 questions under one "child survey", meaning would all 30 need to have a skip logic which instructs them not to show if they have not selected this survey as one they want to do?

celine

Jul 25, 2012, 10:05:28 AM7/25/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think. But you can do it quickly, applying the condition to all the questions at once, clicking on "< Click here for other questions >".

ゴー・ニコライ

Jul 25, 2012, 8:19:51 PM7/25/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
You may apply it to every question, or you may put them inside a group and use a constraint only once.

/r
Nik

Neil Hendrick

Jul 27, 2012, 12:01:31 PM7/27/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
There are more details about using cascading selections/ itemsets in the User Guide:
http://www.kobotoolbox.org/support/userguide/koboform/cascadingselect

~Neil