Folder checkbox always on

Pedro_Katzenstein

Dec 7, 2006, 11:07:29 AM12/7/06
to KML Discussions

Is it possible to have a checkbox for a folder always on?
I haven't found anything either in this forum nor in the ref.manual.

The idea is to have a screenoverlay for a message (instruction or copywrite) always on the screen.

A solution would be to have this screenoverlay in all folders, but its code waste and not a simple solution, when you have a lot of folders.
I have also tried the radiobutton (just with one), but when you check out the root folder it checks also off.

Any idea more?
in the <listItemType> a element like "forcecheck" would be nice...

philverney

Dec 7, 2006, 11:16:52 AM12/7/06
to KML Discussions
<visibility>1</visibility> should do it

http://earth.google.com/kml/kml_tags_21.html#visibility

So you'd have something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1">
<ScreenOverlay>
<name>Company Logo</name>
<visibility>1</visibility>
<Snippet maxLines="0">
</Snippet>
<LookAt>
<longitude>-121.7573659985217</longitude>
<latitude>36.22548699990076</latitude>
<altitude>0</altitude>
<range>3320.736545915278</range>
<tilt>1.123966105095583e-010</tilt>
<heading>0.000458959358399989</heading>
</LookAt>
<Icon>
<href>URL</href>
</Icon>
<overlayXY x="0" y="1" xunits="fraction" yunits="fraction"/>
<screenXY x="0" y="1" xunits="fraction" yunits="fraction"/>
<rotationXY x="0" y="0" xunits="fraction" yunits="fraction"/>
<size x="0" y="0" xunits="fraction" yunits="fraction"/>
</ScreenOverlay>
</kml>

(<LookAt> is optional)

Thanks,
Phil

simon_a

Dec 7, 2006, 11:28:16 AM12/7/06
to KML Discussions
Hello,

If you mean, can you specify visibility of an object so that it cannot be turned off, then no, not as it stands.

The bottom line is that the parent can be turned off all the way up to Temporary Places and My Places. In fact, the only thing you're not able to turn off is the aerial images themselves.

My only other thought is whether it is possible to do something clever using the COM API, however, that's not going to be a simple job:
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/613507

Simon.

ManoM

Dec 7, 2006, 1:10:56 PM12/7/06
to KML Discussions
Hi phil,

That will work to turn it on, but it won't keep it on if the user clicks off the folder above it. simon_a is right, you can't force something to be always on, since that would take control of the application away from the user.

ManoM

Pedro_Katzenstein

Dec 8, 2006, 5:13:45 AM12/8/06
to KML Discussions