Prizes!

Zac Manchester

Apr 8, 2014, 5:31:08 PM4/8/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone,

I'm going to sweeten the deal a little by offering prizes if you can find KickSat and/or Sprite signals:

- Zac

Janos Tolgyesi

Apr 9, 2014, 4:23:25 AM4/9/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
The prices are great! We try to follow the Kicksat/Sprites in this new contest-frames, or outside it!
By the way, I have a chance to use a "retired" parabola dish from my University. This is a relatively big dish, 2 m diameter, I made a temporarly setup with it, and I hope I will hear something with it. Some text and pictures here:
https://sites.google.com/site/recyclingkicksatdat/

My problem is, this parabola is too heavy to try to move it by hand, and I havenot tools to realize something mechanical parts for this purposes.
I hope only, I can use it, if I calculate previously some orbits, running over my dish in a high altitude. The chance to receive something will be limited for a very short time frame, maybe canot be decode, if I receive anything at all...
best:
t.janos hg5apz

Zac Manchester

Apr 25, 2014, 5:48:59 PM4/25/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
So far I've mailed prizes to:

- Jan (PE0SAT)
Tetsu (JA0CAW)
- Dmitry (R4UAB
- Fran (EA1JM)
- Mike (DK3WM)
- Doug (KD8CAO)
- Ron (G8FJG)

Thanks to everyone who's sent in packets! If you've posted a packet to the mailing list and want to claim a prize, send me your address.

- Zac

Dave Webb KB1PVH

Apr 25, 2014, 5:53:44 PM4/25/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com

Zac,

Did you get my mailing info the other day?

Dave-KB1PVH

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid RAZR

S marie Johnson

Apr 25, 2014, 6:02:50 PM4/25/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to all the prize winners (I'm a little jealous  lol!)
Shelley

Andy Thomas

Apr 26, 2014, 3:29:42 AM4/26/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I have emailed you my address, and am QTHR in QRZ.COM

andy G0SFJ

S marie Johnson

Apr 26, 2014, 11:22:34 AM4/26/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Andy,
Unfortunately I am not a HAM operator (not yet). I do though, peruse QRZ.COM...exciting and just plain beautiful!!.  When I retire in 5 years or so, I will have my own set-up. For now, I will need to depend on friends like you
Shelley :)

Dave Webb KB1PVH

Apr 26, 2014, 11:24:43 AM4/26/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com

Shelley,

You don't need to be a ham to listen to the satellites and collect telemetry.

S marie Johnson

Apr 26, 2014, 11:29:33 AM4/26/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Really? How?  I am a grateful newcomer of this technology, wanting to inhale all the info I can.   Thank you
Shelley :)

Dave Webb KB1PVH

Apr 26, 2014, 11:49:21 AM4/26/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com

Shelley,

Email me direct and I'll give you more info.

Dave-KB1PVH

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid RAZR

Zac Manchester

Apr 30, 2014, 4:10:04 PM4/30/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

A quick update on prizes. I've now mailed out prizes for receiving telemetry packets to :

- Jan (PE0SAT)
Tetsu (JA0CAW)
- Dmitry (R4UAB
- Fran (EA1JM)
- Mike (DK3WM)
- Doug (KD8CAO)
- Ron (G8FJG)
- Dave (KB1PVH)
- Davide (IW0HLG)
- Justin Dolske
- Andy (G0SFJ)

Huge thanks to everyone who has sent in telemetry so far! Stay tuned for the Sprites this Sunday.

- Zac

Andy Thomas

May 6, 2014, 4:59:33 AM5/6/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for my patch - arrived this morning!

andy, G0SFJ

Dave Webb KB1PVH

May 6, 2014, 1:56:34 PM5/6/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com

Mine arrived Saturday. Thanks Zac!

Zac Manchester

May 7, 2014, 11:04:05 PM5/7/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
I mailed prizes to Adrian (LU1CGB) and Fumio (JE1CVL) today. Here's the updated list of everyone who's received packets:

- Jan (PE0SAT)
Tetsu (JA0CAW)
- Dmitry (R4UAB
- Fran (EA1JM)
- Mike (DK3WM)
- Doug (KD8CAO)
- Ron (G8FJG)
- Dave (KB1PVH)
- Davide (IW0HLG)
- Justin Dolske
- Andy (G0SFJ)
- Adrian (LU1CGB)
- Fumio (JE1CVL)

Thanks again for all your help!

- Zac

Davide D.

May 9, 2014, 5:28:50 PM5/9/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Received here on Wednesday. Thank you Zac!

73!

de IW0HLG

Zac Manchester

May 13, 2014, 1:35:26 PM5/13/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Two more hams have received telemetry from KickSat. Thanks to Iji Yoshitomo (JA6PL) and Kasei Toshio (JA1GDE) in Japan. Here is the updated complete list:

- Jan (PE0SAT)
Tetsu (JA0CAW)
- Dmitry (R4UAB
- Fran (EA1JM)
- Mike (DK3WM)
- Doug (KD8CAO)
- Ron (G8FJG)
- Dave (KB1PVH)
- Davide (IW0HLG)
- Justin Dolske
- Andy (G0SFJ)
- Iji Yoshitomo (JA6PL)
- Kasei Toshio (JA1GDE)

Thanks,
Zac

Adrian Sinclair

Jun 10, 2014, 9:43:04 AM6/10/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zac,
Thank you for the very nice patch !

73, Adrian

Zac Manchester

Jun 10, 2014, 1:31:39 PM6/10/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
You're very welcome. Thanks for helping out!

- Zac

Юрий Мироненко

Jun 11, 2014, 10:30:31 AM6/11/14
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
My mother received mine one couple of days ago, too.
Thank you.