prg flash help

Kristen Roos

Jun 3, 2015, 4:40:46 PM6/3/15
to kerber...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been trying to flash PRG's onto the Kerberos, but have not been successful yet. I am transferring through a MOTU audio and midi interface:
http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/ultralite-mk3

I'm using a Macbook pro with OSX 10.8.5

When I try to flash one of the slots on the cartridge, the midi in light on the cartridge lights up, but there is a message that comes up on the commodore 64: checksum error

any ideas on what might be the problem?

Also, is there a reliable source to download PRG games that anyone can suggest?

thanks,
Kristen

Juha-Pekka Jokela

Jun 4, 2015, 3:07:50 PM6/4/15
to kerber...@googlegroups.com
Before flashing, I'd first "Send PRG and start, no flash" (after pressing T on C64) to see if it works, but I assume that fails aswell?

Do Note-on & Note-off sent from kerberos program work with any of the supplied programs?

J-P

Kristen Roos

Jun 4, 2015, 4:07:33 PM6/4/15
to kerber...@googlegroups.com
I've been using cynthcart with midi sent from ableton live from the MOTU's midi out, and it works.

Also tried to send the prg file without flash (after pressing T), but it also just displays the same - checksum error. The note on and off work as well. I attached a screenshot to show that it does come up as a device in the Kerberos App.

Maybe I need to go directly out from USB - midi to transfer files, rather than through the MOTU ultralite mk3? that's the only thing I haven't tried yet, just need to pick up a cable.

Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 8.15.25 PM.png

Frank Buss

Jun 4, 2015, 4:43:39 PM6/4/15
to kerber...@googlegroups.com, kriste...@gmail.com
I can reproduce the problem, it is a known issue, same for Linux and one user reported it for Windows. Looks like the MIDI interface doesn't like lots of data without delays. This is a quick hack, please report if it works:

http://www.frank-buss.de/kerberos/kerberos-test.dmg

It is not the final solution, because it adds one millisecond delay for each byte, so can be reeeeally slow for larger PRG files.

Kristen Roos

Jun 4, 2015, 8:19:01 PM6/4/15
to kerber...@googlegroups.com, kriste...@gmail.com
if anyone has the same problem this version of kerberos app for file transfers works perfectly! Thanks Frank!