MIDI implementation in Cynthcart 1.5.0

Eric Cyb

Feb 20, 2015, 11:56:32 AM2/20/15
to kerber...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I cannot find any complete explanation of MIDI messages handled by the special MII version of cynthcart (1.5.0).

Is there a list somewhere?

Is it possible to change every parameters using MIDI, and not the C64 keyboard?

Thanls
Eric

Frank Buss

Feb 20, 2015, 12:59:07 PM2/20/15
to kerber...@googlegroups.com

These are the Cynthcart CC commands:

0 filter resonance
1 filter cutoff
2 sound mode
3 fx mode
4 attack
5 release
6 pulse width
7 volume
8 tremolo level
9 tremolo rate
13 waveform all voices
14 waveform voice 2 only
15 waveform voice 3 only

I will add it to the next documentation version. I don't know the value range of the commands, but I asked Paul, the Cynthcart developer, to add this to his webpage and then I can link to it for the next documentation. He is working on some small bugfixes, too (some notes are out-of-tune and there are problems if you send MIDI clock signals to Cynthcart). I keep you updated in this newsgroup when I have more information.

Reeve Hunter

Feb 20, 2015, 10:07:36 PM2/20/15
to kerber...@googlegroups.com
Here's a handy command list I put together for myself so I can have all the Cynthcart commands in one place. Maybe other folks will find it useful til the documentation gets updated.

See Attached.

Reeve Hunter
Cynthcart Commands 1.pdf
Cynthcart Commands 2.pdf

Frank Buss

Feb 21, 2015, 12:29:29 PM2/21/15
to kerber...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that's very nice! I've added a link to your list to the Kerberos homepage.

Barotti Andrea

Feb 27, 2015, 7:55:50 AM2/27/15
to Frank Buss, kerber...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the mapping!

I got the Kerberos yesterday night and I got lot of pleasure using it...very intuitive (thanks Frank):
but my greetings goes also to Paul for his great piece of Cynthcart

I will go further on testing it, (and to mod my c64 to create a perferct syth/multipurpose machine!) to post next work in progress for all community of vintage c64 player...and for all who cares about this memorabilia.

kit
Andrea

Reeve Hunter

Feb 4, 2022, 10:01:37 PM2/4/22
to kerberos-midi
Here's an updated pdf with all the commands for Cynthcart v2.0
Cynthcart v2 Commands.pdf