Duplicate provider authority error when installing K-9 mail

Joseph Aldeguer

Dec 16, 2011, 9:50:53 PM12/16/11
to K-9 Mail
I can't install K-9 mail(from android market) on my HTC sensation XE.
"duplicate provider authority" error always flags.

ashley willis

Dec 17, 2011, 12:47:21 AM12/17/11
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
Joseph Aldeguer <josephm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I can't install K-9 mail(from android market) on my HTC sensation XE.
>"duplicate provider authority" error always flags.

from the little info I found online, I'm guessing that another email app on the phone was poorly forked from k9 and didn't change some settings. have you installed other email apps? which ones?
-ashley
--
sent from my modified k-9 mail

Joseph Aldeguer

Dec 18, 2011, 1:33:28 AM12/18/11
to K-9 Mail

On Dec 17, 1:47 pm, ashley willis <ashleywilli...@gmail.com> wrote:

the email apps on my phone are: Gmail and Mail(app from HTC).

Thanks for your reply! I hope you could help me with this.

Joseph Aldeguer

Jan 3, 2012, 8:45:42 PM1/3/12
to K-9 Mail

On Dec 18 2011, 2:33 pm, Joseph Aldeguer <josephmaldeg...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hi guys! Any ideas on how to solve this? thanks!

cketti

Jan 3, 2012, 8:52:18 PM1/3/12
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com

As Ashley wrote before: there has to be an app installed that uses at
least one of the 'provider authorities' used by K-9 Mail:

com.fsck.k9.attachmentprovider
com.fsck.k9.messageprovider

If you have the Android SDK installed on your PC you can try the
following: http://stackoverflow.com/a/4698597