Working with Live Video SWF

Nicolas Siver

Jul 28, 2012, 3:16:44 AM7/28/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
How should I configurate developing environment to work with Live Video SWF?
Player throws Error If It can't reach ExternalInterface, so developer must use HTML Wrapper to test application. Ok, It is uncomfortable but you can work.
In HTML Wrapper, application will state : "This application is not registeres to run on this site"...
Are you proposing:
1. Compile application.
2. Upload on hosting with authorised site URL.
3. Check how it works, and proceed further with development?

Any option to avoid such unpleasant workflow? Pass some debug flag to live video player maybe...

Nicolas Siver

Jul 28, 2012, 4:26:48 AM7/28/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
Guys, can you add

Security.allowDomain("*");

in Live Video SWF Player? It's api developer player, it shouldn't let rip on such construction:

private function onLoadedPlayer(e : Event) : void {
CONFIG::DEBUG {
MonsterDebugger.trace(this, "Player loaded", "", "", DebugColors.IMPORTANT);
}
var loader : * = LoaderInfo(e.currentTarget).loader;
var playerAPI : * = loader.content.api;
this.addChild(loader);
playerAPI.resize_player(this.stage.stageWidth, this.stage.stageHeight);
playerAPI.play_live("towelliee");
}

Nicolas Siver

Jul 28, 2012, 8:22:37 AM7/28/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
play_live - does it playback the best available quality?

Nicolas Siver

Jul 28, 2012, 11:29:24 AM7/28/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
broadcast_finished - fires twice

Nicolas Siver

Jul 28, 2012, 11:37:01 AM7/28/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
video_not_found - also fires twice

Mike Ossareh

Jul 30, 2012, 1:53:16 PM7/30/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for showing such an interest in our SWF API. It is not something that we've spent a lot of time on and you're certainly asking poignant questions of it.

play_live - does it playback the best available quality?

In a brief read of the code it looks like it'll play whatever it is told to play based on calls to play_live, you can get a list of valid arguments for play_live's second argument by using get_quality_list. The wiki doesn't talk about this second argument, I'll fix that (right now it seems our wiki isn't letting me log in :( ).'

broadcast_finished - fires twice
video_not_found - also fires twice

That doesn't surprise me. As we've grown our state machines have grown somewhat unwieldy. We've been kicking around the idea of building up a new player and if we go with that we'll definitely want to make sure our state machines are very very well understood. In the mean time you may want to keep track of other life cycle events and maintain state on your side. Given you're not in a multi-threaded world this is easy to handle.

Cheers,

mike