Meeting #25

Celestino Bellone

Mar 24, 2015, 1:03:40 PM3/24/15
to jugl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Juggers!

Here the results of yesterday's meeting. First of all, thank you very much to all the attendees!

As announced, we gave the presentation in Italian, then we talked in front of a (very good actually) pizza about the future of the group. Since there weren't english-speaking people, we did this discussion in Hoch Deutsch. Just kidding, never mind.

Our talk:

thank you for the interest in alf.io. As already said, you can find more information on the project's website: http://alf.io/
Please note that the discount code that we used during the demo, JUGLUGANO is a valid one and could grant you a 15% discount for Voxxed Days Ticino. Go get your ticket at https://voxxeddaysticino.exteso.com/event/VoxxedDaysTicino2015/

During pizza we discussed (and agreed) about:

1. Language:

There won't be any official language.
English content (talks and e-mails) would be appreciated but not strictly required. Post and/or give a talk in the language you are more confident with!
For each meeting we'll inform about the language(s) that the speaker can handle in order to be clear for everybody.

2. Committee:

There will be a trio of "Benevolent Dictators": Pasquale Granato, Daniele Madama and myself. This is only for organizational purposes, in order to be effective. Of course we are open to comments and suggestion.

3. Mailing list:

We had the pleasure to have also two people coming from the Frontenders Ticino Group (Elia and Geoffroy) at the Pizza, so we included them in the discussion. They suggested to move our discussions from google groups to linkedin since it seems that this platform could be easier to maintain and more visible to other people.
So we created the new Group:

let's try it and then we'll decide if it's worth or not.
Please request the membership.

4. Next meetings:

we would like to adopt a sort of "turnover" of the day of the week. Until now the meeting was always on wednesday, we would like to use all the days from Monday to Thursday, up to the speaker and depending on location availability.

we would like to organize 9-10 meetings per year, including 2 "special events" (like Hackergarten or code retreat)

5. Next Speakers:

we already have some proposals:
- Andrea Polci, advanced GIT
- Mario Fusco, almost everything but NodeJS
- Andrea Chiodoni, RxJava

that's all, folks!
See you on LinkedIn

Daniele, Pasquale and Celestino

mas...@massimocorner.com

Mar 24, 2015, 3:09:56 PM3/24/15
to jugl...@googlegroups.com
> We had the pleasure to have also two people coming from the Frontenders
> Ticino Group (Elia and Geoffroy) at the Pizza, so we included them in the
> discussion. They suggested to move our discussions from google groups to
> linkedin since it seems that this platform could be easier to maintain and
> more visible to other people.

Please don't! That choice makes very hard to follow Frontenders Ticino.
It's okay for one-way announcements, but unsuited for discussions.

Massimo

Fabrizio Giudici

Mar 24, 2015, 5:02:15 PM3/24/15
to jugl...@googlegroups.com, mas...@massimocorner.com