json-schema.org and online schema validator for draft03

ps

Mar 3, 2012, 9:06:40 AM3/3/12
to JSON Schema
Xample wrote:
> The current JSV fully implements the draft03.
> Personally I'm waiting for the json-schema initiator to move a bit forward and ratify
> their rfc, from this, many validators should then emerge…
> - Gary if you read me -
> I also did my own validator and I should say that json-schema really rocks! I'm not
> only using them for validating but also for unserializing documents,
> initing class with default values, overloading instances or parameters with
> schema described metadata…. A real pleasure.

Gary, I'm looking for a simple HTML page with textareas for pasting
schemas and instances for validation. Like this crude prototype that
shows that dojo fails to understand draft03:

http://trec-kba.org/schemas/v1.0/validate.html

Do you have such an HTML page based on JSV? Or, can I help you make
one?

Kris, or whoever runs json-schema.org, what do you think of putting
such a validator on the site? I'd be happy to help with this.

Also, am I confused about the site being a bit out of date? It
appears to not have the latest draft on the site. Maybe there is a
good reason for that?

IMO, the world would benefit from broader adoption of JSON Schemas.
To help that happen, json-schema.org could/should offer a more help in
understanding the spec with examples and simple tools.

What is your take on all this?

-John

Nick Maynard

Apr 8, 2012, 9:30:15 PM4/8/12