Labor Report may be delayed? "Outrageous" Fox Nation says

Juneau Smog

Oct 29, 2012, 6:33:20 PM10/29/12
to Juneau Smog
http://nation.foxnews.com/department-labor/2012/10/29/outrageous-labor-department-may-delay-jobs-report

As Hurricane Sandy bears down on the East Coast, the federal government has been shut down, making it difficult for the Bureau of Labor Statistics to access employment data. The Bureau has stated that they will assess the situation after the storm passes and notify the public if they need to change their release schedule for the October jobs report.

This has caused an uproar in the world of right-wing media, who claim the Labor Department will use Hurricane Sandy to delay releasing October jobs data until after the election.

Delaying the jobs report in the face of a weather emergency is nothing new. Despite this reality, conservative media will continue to manufacture absurd conspiracy theories about the economic outlook for our country. Because when facts aren’t on their side, they just make stuff up.

--
Follow even more exciting misadventures in politics on the Jsmog Live Blog: http://juneausmog.com

brenton...@comcast.net

Oct 29, 2012, 6:47:19 PM10/29/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Rumor has it that Obama is looking into delaying the election until after the clean-up...and his poll numbers are above 48%.

Oct 29, 2012, 6:57:34 PM10/29/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
don't worry FOX&Tubbs, you will lose at the appropriate time.

Juneau Smog

Oct 29, 2012, 7:05:54 PM10/29/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, since his poll numbers are above 50% I guess we're looking at a speedy clean up then.

Inline image 1
Oh yeah, and thanks to Sandy, Obama gets a bunch of free airtime and out infront of everyone's faces for the next week, doing things like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Bf3jzvjyKTQ#!

Romney on the other hand, is going to have a hard time finding anyone who wants to hear about how states should be left to fend for their own and take care of their emergency disasters.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM, <brenton...@comcast.net> wrote:
5381029.jpg

Alex Romero

Oct 29, 2012, 7:08:23 PM10/29/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Emergeny warning before the storm hits.....if only Bush had warned us about Katrina BEFORE the storm hit.
5381029.jpg

Kyle Curtis

Oct 29, 2012, 7:23:59 PM10/29/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
As Hurricane Sandy bears down on the Northeast, I'd like to take a moment and consider what the emergency response under a President Ron Paul would be: nothing.

Except to perhaps hand out taxpayer-funded bootstraps to those whose homes got flooded & lost everything in their life....
5381029.jpg

Juneau Smog

Nov 1, 2012, 1:42:55 AM11/1/12
to Juneau Smog
As I was saying, Obama is everywhere, eating up all the airtime on the news, actually doing his job and giving press conferences with his new BFF GOP keynote speaker Chris Christie, doing these:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VDIHNc15zHc

Fox News was even forced to give Obama airtime when it aired the Obama/Christie press conference and then Christie came on Fox and praised Obama and realized that a social democracy is not that bad -- on FOX!!! Bwahahaha! Conservative heads are exploding everywhere. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIsEXWpv7MM

Anyway, I'd just like to thank the Super Pacs who spent $millions & $millions trying to defeat Obama for creating so many media and advertising jobs and keeping people hard at work. Thanks for the contribution to the recovery effort. This election has been a giant Stimulus on account of the Super Pacs. Well, see ya in 2016. Hopefully for you Obama won't appoint a judge to overturn Citizens United, but unlikely. Oh well.
5381029.jpg

Kyle Curtis

Nov 1, 2012, 1:45:54 AM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Is Mitt Romney still running for President?

What's the over-under on him breaking 40 percent...?
5381029.jpg

Gregg Taylor

Nov 1, 2012, 1:52:38 AM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
The Economy:  Hoover/Obama?   Obama
Disasters:         Bush/Obama?   Obama    "heck of a job, Christie!!!!"

<http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/31/obama-vs-hoover/?smid=go-share>
5381029.jpg

Juneau Smog

Nov 1, 2012, 2:36:56 AM11/1/12
to Juneau Smog
Inline image 1
5381029.jpg

brenton...@comcast.net

Nov 1, 2012, 11:43:41 AM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
How shameful to attempt to politicize a disaster.

Nov 1, 2012, 11:44:46 AM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Too little too late.  Rmoney has this one wrapped up!

I know!  This piece of humor from the interwebs is not anywhere close to Romney-the-candidate "canceling" a "victory rally" to hold a faux "relief" rally; not anywhere close to Romney-the-candidate lying to Ohio abut Jeep in order to scare them into voting for him.  But you and I both agree on one thing: it's bad form to politicize a disaster, Brent.

On Thursday, November 1, 2012, wrote:
How shameful to attempt to politicize a disaster.

Disasters:         Bush/Obama?   Obama    "heck of a job, Christie!!!!"

<http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/31/obama-vs-hoover/?smid=go-share>
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Juneau Smog <junea...@gmail.com> wrote:
As I was saying, Obama is everywhere, eating up all the airtime on the news, actually doing his job and giving press conferences with his new BFF GOP keynote speaker Chris Christie, doing these:Obama in NJ: "We Are Here for You"

Fox News was even forced to give Obama airtime when it aired the Obama/Christie press conference and then Christie came on Fox and praised Obama and realized that a social democracy is not that bad -- on FOX!!! Bwahahaha! Conservative heads are exploding everywhere. Chris Christie PRAISES Obama on FOX NEWS

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Juneau Smog <junea...@gmail.com> wrote:
Awesome, since his poll numbers are above 50% I guess we're looking at a speedy clean up then.

Inline image 1
Oh yeah, and thanks to Sandy, Obama gets a bunch of free airtime and out infront of everyone's faces for the next week, doing things like this: Obama: listen to Hurricane Sandy warnings

Romney on the other hand, is going to have a hard time finding anyone who wants to hear about how states should be left to fend for their own and take care of their emergency disasters.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM, <brenton...@comcast.net> wrote:

Just observing
5381029.jpg

brenton...@comcast.net

Nov 1, 2012, 11:57:57 AM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Obama is the like slacker, who has avoided layoffs for the last four years cause he's a nice guy (psst and he's a minority).  But due to his neverending incompetence, and lack of work ethic, the decision has been made to let him go.  The date has been set and nothing can reverse it...But suddenly on the last day somebody spills coffee.  Obama quickly hustles over with a mop, desperately hoping the bosses will forget the four years of incompetence and instead reward him for promptly cleaning up the mess.

5381029.jpg

Kyle Curtis

Nov 1, 2012, 12:25:06 PM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
You are correct, the Romney campaign rally masqueraded as a faux-hurricane relief event was indeed a disaster...!
5381029.jpg

Kyle Curtis

Nov 1, 2012, 12:26:55 PM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Wait Brent, how many unanswered questions are there regarding the tragic death of four Americans at the Benghazi consulate by the hands of terrorists?

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM, <brenton...@comcast.net> wrote:
5381029.jpg

Kyle Curtis

Nov 1, 2012, 12:29:07 PM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
I guess because Brent is married to a Mexican, its okay for him to write blatantly racist posts.  This has been confirmed numerous times.

I starred this post just for the pure satisfaction of shoving it in your face next Tuesday you racist moron.
5381029.jpg

Kyle Curtis

Nov 1, 2012, 12:31:13 PM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Hey, check it out Brent!  Salon just had a column about people like you: assholes.

Congrats!

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:57 AM, <brenton...@comcast.net> wrote:
5381029.jpg

Alex Romero

Nov 1, 2012, 12:36:06 PM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
BWAHAHAHAHA...that's a sweet fairy tale you got there Brent....is there a wicked witch in it too? BWAHAHAHA

How would the fairy tale of Bush's response to Katrina go?...allow me:

Bush was on the job starting fights with neighboring business for no reason, and pulling money out of the till to fund the nun-chucks it takes to beat down the competition. Then someone spilled coffee, and Bush just left it there even tho his own customers were slipping and falling on it left and right. When customers complained he pulled out a podium and said, "The dishwasher is on this customers. He is doing one heck of a job!"
5381029.jpg

Juneau Smog

Nov 1, 2012, 12:39:17 PM11/1/12
to Juneau Smog
Well, at least Brent continues to not provide anything of substance.
5381029.jpg

Daniel Curtis

Nov 1, 2012, 2:47:25 PM11/1/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
sounds like more jobs added than expected, but unemployment will tick up slightly.

11/01/2012 @ 10:16AM |3,174 views

Friday Jobs Report Preview: October ADP Employment Numbers Show Unexpected Strength

unemployment

(Photo credit: Sean MacEntee)

A bit of good news on the economy this morning has markets gaining ground and economists revisiting their predictions, as ADP’s monthly report on US payrolls showed 158,000 jobs were added in October, well ahead of estimates–and a big increase from last month’s 88,000. Economists polled by Reuters had expected an increase of 135,000 jobs.
The report, compiled by the payroll company, featured a revamped methodology that was used for the first time in October. And while it’s hardly of the same importance as the report on employment due out Friday from Bureau of Labor Statistics, it does help many economists fine-tune their thinking about the BLS numbers.

Coming just days before the presidential election the Friday number is being even more closely watched than usual, as the outcome of the presidential race has been cast as a referendum on the performance of th economy over the past four  years.

September’s BLS report was a surprise, with the unemployment rate falling to 7.8%, the lowest it has been since President Barack Obama took office in January, 2009. But while that number grabbed the headlines, another more important—the total number of jobs added – was much more dispiriting, with just 114,000 jobs added. Traditionally—at least before the dawn of the great recession–any number below 150,000 is seen as disappointing  because it takes the addition of at least that number in any month to keep pace with increases in the population.

For Friday’s report, economists had forecast an increase of 125,000 jobs during October—but, and this is likely to be the only thing most people pay attention to–they predict the unemployment rate will rise to 7.9%. We’ll see.

In early trading, stocks were higher on the news, with the S&P and Dow up about 1%.

5381029.jpg