Fox Nation v. Reality: Coming to Blows

Kyle Curtis

Jun 4, 2012, 10:23:19 AM6/4/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=7231

Fox Nation vs. Reality: Coming To Blows

Here is another made up headline from Fox Nation:

Fox Nation

The Fox Nationalists really enjoy cooking up headlines that totally misrepresent the content of the story they are reporting. It often doesn’t matter in the least if the headline has any relevance to the article at all. And at other times the headline is an outright contradiction of the underlying story. The only criteria for Fox is that the headline give as negative impression of Obama as possible whether or not it is true.

In this example the Fox Nationalists assert that Obama’s political aide David Axelrod and Attorney General Eric Holder “Nearly Come To Blows.” That would be a juicy story if there were any truth to it. However, the accompanying article refers to an upcoming book by Daniel Klaidman that says nothing about a physical altercation. It does describe a heated argument, but Fox took it upon themselves to falsely escalate the matter to impending fisticuffs. Here is the full excerpt from Klaidman’s book:

“After the session ended, Axelrod made a beeline for the attorney general. Obama’s senior adviser was incensed. It had gotten back to him that Holder and his aides were spreading the word that he was trying to improperly influence the Justice Department.

Axelrod, who knew all too well that even the hint of White House meddling with Justice Department investigations could detonate a full-blown scandal, had been careful not to come close to that line. ‘Don’t ever, ever accuse me of trying to interfere with the operations of the Justice Department,’ he warned Holder after confronting him in the hallway. ‘I’m not Karl Rove,’ he added, referring to George Bush’s political consigliere, who had been accused of pressuring Justice to fire politically unpopular U.S. attorneys.

Holder did not appreciate being publicly dressed down by the president’s most senior political adviser. Determined to stand his ground against Tammany Hall, the A.G. ripped into him in full view of other White House staffers. ‘That’s bull—-,’ he replied vehemently.

The two men stood chest to chest. It was like a school yard fight back at their shared alma mater, Stuyvesant, the elite public high school for striving kids from New York City. White House staffers caught in the crossfire averted their eyes. Jarrett, whose office was nearby, materialized as things got hot. Petite and perfectly put together as always, she pushed her way between the two men, her sense of decorum disturbed, ordering them to ‘take it out of the hallway.’”

So it was just a couple of guys arguing in close proximity to one another with no raised fists or threats. It was interrupted by a “petite” Valerie Jarrett, which suggests that it could not have been all that dangerous. And the belligerents were not told to cool off or stop fighting, they were not separated, they were merely told to take their argument to a more discreet location.

Ironically, the right-wingers at Fox, and elsewhere in the conservative media who are hyping this story, ought to be impressed with Holder’s position. Conservatives are convinced that Holder is an Obama toady who does everything with a political goal. However, in this affair, he was adamant that his Justice Department not be used as a dumping ground for political operatives. That would seem to prove that the right has Holder all wrong. In fact, Holder and Axelrod are both fiercely concerned with maintaining their integrity with regard to the execution of their duties. That’s what the whole argument is about.

Every presidency should have people who fight to defend the ethical administration of their offices. You can rest assured that in the Bush administration the fights involved people who were unwilling to cross ethical lines as ordered by Rove and Dick Cheney.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 4, 2012, 1:02:54 PM6/4/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Kyle,

I totally agree.  I met David Axelrod when he taught at DePaul.  He was an asshole then and obviously hasn't changed too much...but it's hard to picture the wimp "coming to blows" with anybody.

Perhaps Fox news meant to use the word Lewinskys instead of blows.

Alex Romero

Jun 4, 2012, 1:10:00 PM6/4/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Flip Flop much Brent? I thought FOX News was fair and balanced? as you have stated here many times???...weird.....seems your hypocrisy is showing again....could Brent be making this shit up as he goes??? (the crowd unanimously agrees)

Kyle Curtis

Jun 4, 2012, 1:37:49 PM6/4/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

For a supposed "wimp" David Axelrod sure is accused by the right wing of practicing "Chicago style politics" a number of times, whatever that means.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 4, 2012, 2:04:13 PM6/4/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Cronyism & kickbacks  lad.

Kyle Curtis

Jun 4, 2012, 3:34:14 PM6/4/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

You mean, like no-bid contracts?  Or secret energy task force meetings protected from public review by a Supreme Court justice who is also your duck hunting buddy?

Sure sounds like "Texas style politics" to me...

Juneau Smog

Jun 4, 2012, 5:01:07 PM6/4/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Fox Nation is the online faction of Fox News, but way more crazy and moronic. More along the lines of freeper moronic, and just as dishonest. Sure, it's not like Fox Nation spent weeks professionally producing a 4 minute long attack ad on Obama that they aired during their regular programming like what Fox News did, while the executives deny they knew anything about it yet saving the RNC $150k in free advertising. But still Fox Nation is not ashamed to fabricate stories on just about anything from Obama claiming 8.5 unemployment was a success, to falsely suggesting taxpayers lose $2 billion from Solar Trust, to directly misquoting Democrat politicians words, and twisting Pelosi's words to mean exactly the opposite of what she really said, to rooting for Trumps racist birtherism claims, to even their hatchet job re-editing an ABC news report to claim that Planned Parenthood was facilitating in sex trafficking. The supermarket tabloids don't even make up this much bullshit.
Follow even more exciting misadventures in politics on the Jsmog Live Blog: http://juneausmog.com

Juneau Smog

Jun 4, 2012, 5:25:25 PM6/4/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Curious. Just trying to figure out the definition of cronyism. Is that like, I don't know, say a handful of billionaires such as the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson who basically pay so much money into elections they can determine the outcome, such as in Wisconsin and their plans for the national election? Or is that more attributed to the word, oligarchy?

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 12:42:57 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
"Robocalls falsely telling petition signers they don't have to vote."   Brilliant.  Freakin brilliant!!!   Walker will win with 8+% of the vote...

Read more: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/elections/article_4feaa078-af24-11e1-958b-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz1wwD0NuVW

Jun 5, 2012, 12:54:52 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Unless the Dems do the same thing, Kyle....then its 'Voter Fraud'.....LMFAO

Kyle Curtis

Jun 5, 2012, 1:01:05 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Of course.  Derp.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 1:02:56 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Kyle, are you concerned that democrats are dumb enough to fall for such an amatuerish stunt?

Rumor has it that the left, knowing that Scott Walker will win, is behind the robocalls.  At the end of the day, democrats will use the robocalls to question the legitimacy of his re-election.

Kyle Curtis

Jun 5, 2012, 1:15:17 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Is that the rumor?  Over at Free Republic, or Fox Nation.  Yes, everything read over there should be treated as legitimate.

Were there any rumors about this similar voter suppression effort of 100,000 robocalls telling Democratic voters to "relax" and not bother voting?

I keep hearing from conservatives that they supposedly love this country.  Yet for some reason they are adamantly opposed to core principles of this country, such as free and fair elections.  They are explicit in their stating that the only chance they have at winning elections is when they keep the number of voters low.  Yet you going to offer some horsehit claptrap about rumors having "Democrats using these robocalls to question legitimacy" if Walker survives the recall effort.  As if outspending 25-to-1 with 60% out-of-state support in a claim to make a statement that "the people have voted" doesn't question the legitimacy in the first place....

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 1:20:14 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Do you want some cheese to go with your whine?

If this was a close race wouldn't Obama have campaigned with Barrett?  Helped push him over the top?  Or is he so unpopular that he was asked to stay away?

Alex Romero

Jun 5, 2012, 1:24:22 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Obama can't be everywhere. He has a Bush mess to clean up. Did you see Bud's charts?....awfully quiet about those, eh Brent? BWAHAHAHA

I think its massively hypocritical to laugh about full on lies the robocalls are making, and then to turn around and blame the Dems for it...WOW...i guess since the Republican grip on power is slipping so badly, they really get desperate and pull moves like full on cheating and buying recall elections. But I'm not surprised, a snake is still a snake.

Kyle Curtis

Jun 5, 2012, 1:26:26 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Fact:  For all their talk about how their ideas "win in the marketplace of ideas" the only way Republicans win elections is flooding the airwaves with corporate money and pulling out every stop to ensure the voter numbers are down.  If their ideas dare by on an equal footing, they would be trounced.  Every.  Single.  Time.

President Obama:  "It's Election Day in Wisconsin tomorrow, and I'm standing by Tom Barrett. He'd make an outstanding governor."  Considering that jobs have been lost and deficits have increased under Walker, a rock would make an outstanding governor than the current college drop-out who barely mustered a C grade point average.

Brent, why are you such an apologist for Big Money.  Do you realize they really don't give a shit about you?

Alex Romero

Jun 5, 2012, 1:29:43 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Big Money God Card Carrier....Brent Wolters!

he is brainwashed by the Abortion and Family Values lies....how are those Abortion bans and Gay marriage bans working for ya Brent? Oh right, they are still legal in majority of states...BWAHAHAHAHA....luckily the promise to ban these things are as false as Brent's integrity.

Noah Walden

Jun 5, 2012, 1:34:58 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Don't let him fool you. Brent is actually a big gay marraige advocate. Why else would his email be 'Brent on Patrick'?

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 1:47:51 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

BWAHAHAHAHA!

"Obama can't be everywhere"???  He's only played 100 rounds of golf since being elected in 2008.

Seriously.  In the last week Obama spent time in Chicago and Minnesota.  Now I'm not real good at geography.  But the last time I looked a map of the United States, Wisconsin was conveniently located directly between these two cities.

Less than an hour away in a car.  And only minutes away on Air Force One.

Hopefully in November, the democrats in Wisconsin will stand with Obama - the way that he stood by them now.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Alex Romero

Jun 5, 2012, 1:50:32 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Yeah he was in the region...too bust cleaning up after the Republicans...any thoughts on Bud's charts???? you seem to keep missing that point...Bush took more time off than any President, sorry that "Golf" excuse isn't holding water, nor has it ever.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 1:51:33 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Lol.  I've been trying to keep that a secret.  That's why i stuck it in my email adress.

Jun 5, 2012, 3:45:29 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Do Democrats call Democrats and tell them that if they already signed recall petitions that they don't have to vote on Tuesday?

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM, <brenton...@comcast.net> wrote:

--
Ciao,
Bill

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 5:59:55 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
They might if they know they're going down in flames and they want to taint Walkers victory.  Sad.

Kyle Curtis

Jun 5, 2012, 6:02:50 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you are correct.  Your complete break from reality is truly sad.

Alex Romero

Jun 5, 2012, 6:04:02 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
I remember the day when a recall was an embarrassment....truly sad

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 6:11:09 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
And the exit polls show Walker winning by 5+%.  What's embarrassing is that after 9 months of union thuggery and their willful attempt to derail democracy, the dems still fail.!

Jun 5, 2012, 6:13:25 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
No what is sad is the recall is the norm as the Republicans scratch and claw and over spend to continue their thirst for power. The Dems are just after justice....we will see if money beats people...its the norm these days...truly sad.

Kyle Curtis

Jun 5, 2012, 7:10:38 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Wasn't Dino Rossi leading Christine Gregoire at this point on election day?

Chris Dudley was definitely leading John Kitzhaber at this point last November.

But who knows.  Maybe you're right.  Maybe Walker with the shittiest jobs record of any governor in the country will survive his recall and incompetence will be rewarded.  Yay, Big Money.

Since when do you applaud incompetence, Brent?  Oh, right.  You're a Republican.  Never mind.

Daniel Curtis

Jun 5, 2012, 7:36:50 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
AP exit poll: Three-quarters of voters strongly approve or strongly disapprove of the changes for union workers. #wiunion

Juneau Smog

Jun 5, 2012, 7:43:53 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Without a sourced link we just have to assume Brent yet again pulls his claims from the same fantasy land he battles the demons that whisper the crazy in his mind. Meanwhile back in reality, exit polls show Obama has comfortable edge over Romney in Wisconsin: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57447894-503544/early-wisconsin-recall-exit-polls-show-obama-has-edge-over-romney-in-presidential-race/

Among voters in today's recall election, 51 percent said they would pick Mr. Obama, compared to 45 percent for Romney. Twice as many Wisconsinites told pollsters they were worse off than they were before, by a 45 percent to 37 percent margin, they said Obama would do a better job improving the economy, and by a 45 percent to 37 percent margin, they said he'd do more for the middle class.

And even after spending 25 times more than the Democrats bashing Unions and their Democrat opponents 52 percent of Wisconsin voters in the early exit polls have a favorable view of unions for government workers, while 43 percent have an unfavorable opinion of these unions.

As far as Scott Walker versus Tom Barrett the exit polls show 47.8% to 47.7%

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 8:29:25 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
"In Wisconsin, Obama has comfortable edge over Romney."     Well that explains why he was so active in the campaign to recall Walker.   LOL.

Jun 5, 2012, 8:49:16 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Indicted??...hmmm, maybe Obama staying away IS the smart thing to do....BWAHAHAHA

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 10:47:33 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Walker up by 15% with over 60% of the vote in.  OMG!  This is a huge public union ass kicking!

Kyle Curtis

Jun 5, 2012, 10:55:24 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
OMG!  Isn't it amazing what unfettered corporate cash will buy?  It will reward incompetence!  Fantastic!

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM, <brenton...@comcast.net> wrote:
Walker up by 15% with over 60% of the vote in.  OMG!  This is a huge public union ass kicking!

Juneau Smog

Jun 5, 2012, 11:00:58 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Hurray for Big Money! Big Money saves the worst governor in the country his job.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 5, 2012, 11:06:33 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
This is priceless.  For those wondering the GOP is winning every senate seat in the recall too!

Juneau Smog

Jun 5, 2012, 11:15:30 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Kyle Curtis

Jun 5, 2012, 11:21:30 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Brent, do you even have any idea what you're celebrating?

brenton...@comcast.net wrote:

>This is priceless.  For those wondering the GOP is winning every senate seat in the recall too!

Simon Taylor

Jun 5, 2012, 11:51:44 PM6/5/12
to js...@googlegroups.com, js...@googlegroups.com
Isn't Brent only here to celebrate when he perceives liberals are unhappy about something? That is his high bar; if progressives are unhappy, Brent is happy.

William Curtis

Jun 6, 2012, 12:43:09 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Oh, boy! More lost jobs for Wisconsonites! I wonder if Walker would have won if the Koch Brothers had not spent all those
millions of dollars? How will the Koch Brothers be rewarded? When will those indictments be handed down?

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM, <brenton...@comcast.net> wrote:
Walker up by 15% with over 60% of the vote in.  OMG!  This is a huge public union ass kicking!

Ciao,
Bill

Juneau Smog

Jun 6, 2012, 1:57:43 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Although Walker would never admit it, apparently Methinks is unashamed to admit that this was about killing workers' rights.

Kyle Curtis

Jun 6, 2012, 2:16:08 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
For those paying attention, three decades of squashing unions has pretty much neutered their influence in electoral politics.

So all the talk of Big Money/Big Labor is utterly laughable, and can only be interpreted as the clueless gibberish of a mindless moron.

Juneau Smog

Jun 6, 2012, 2:23:41 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Wow, it took $45 million versus just $9 million to get a 7% win.

Inline image 1

How much are rich billionaires, special interests & corporate influence going to have to raise to beat Obama? If anything the Wisconsin recall proved that elections can be bought at whatever cost, so the question at this point is, by how much?
walker2.png

Juneau Smog

Jun 6, 2012, 3:24:28 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Oh crazy Pishacha, you knew all along John Lehman was going to win his Senate seat didn't you, allowing the Dems to take back the WI Senate? You flesh eating demon, you. Man, you had us worried there for a few.

Majed Al-Sorour

Jun 6, 2012, 4:46:59 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Guys,

I really thank you for keeping me informed with all that’s happening in our neighborhood from political and some economical point of view. I will tell you about my experience as a proud American seeing things from outside, but living inside a place where you may or may not see it from outside ‘it is so dusty and hot, maybe it is invisible”

I first moved out the US in 2007. Americans were not popular at all. Worked from Munich the Frankfort, later on from England, Greece and now between Dubai and Saudi Arabia.

In 2007 we were aliens that very few liked us or wanted to associate with us outside of work ones they knew we were Americans; my American fellows and I.  Yes we were some of the hardest working people in the company, insurance, finance and IT, but still they looked at us as a capitalist who only think of what we make and how we spend it. They thought of us as selfish people who promote only individualism and we were these self centered few, thank to Bush and company. I won’t elaborate more, but they were repeating if you are not with me you are against me. lol

It took few years to get that repaired. Thank you Barak and company. But having to sit here and look to the country from out, it really makes me feel sad.

Many European countries fall because of one significant crisis that initiate the trickledown effect. And trust me, it is not socialism, laziness or whatever we want to think about it as capitalist minds. It’s basically productivity and lack of resources; natural or else. They had some competitive advantages reflected on labor, tariffs and low cost of product. These were vanished since the euro zone “ subjectivity”, but it is my assessment.  Yet my point is they are in deep debt from one issue that spiraled all the way down with great effect.

In the contrary; Enron, Bear stern, Lehman Brothers, and many more to come and many more gone and we are still standing strong; thank god Bush is gone. I ask a question; where would we have been if Bush was still here. Holly wow. Were we still carrying a wrongful war with Iraq to use up our more resources and spend more money. Would the Dow Jones be hitting 3,000 to 5000 point with the 2008 recession. Or will be still promoting supply side economics.

I will say one thing, am glad things have changed, and I pray we don’t regress again.

tried to be briefe

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 6, 2012, 9:24:57 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Nearly 40% of union households voted for Scott Walker.  Suck on that why dontcha.

Jun 6, 2012, 9:56:50 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Good morning sleepy heads! Hope you got a good nights sleep. Make sure you order a double at Starbucks this morning so you are ready for your day - you've got a lot of explaining to do.

Let's talk about this whole recall thing - you know, that groundswell of the grassroots? I'm sure you're confused about the whole thing, but let me give you a hand with this. Let's talk about that difference in the campaign funds spent. Whether it is the sobbing activist on CNN crying that "Democracy is OVER!" or the official press release from the Obama Campaign, all you guys are talking about is being "outspent $34 million to $7 million".

Okay. Dry your eyes and I'll explain to you why you lost. First, the unions are the ones who picked this fight, not Scott Walker. He didn't come knocking on the door of the Wisconsin Democrat Party asking to be recalled. Progressive activists started this. The Unions started this. The Wisconsin Democrats started this. Here's a clue, Wisconsin Democrats - before you start a fight, make sure you've got the resources to win. Since YOU are the ones who picked the fight, you aren't really in a position to complain about how much ammunition Scott Walker carries with him.

Secondly, maybe you might want to reconsider your campaign strategy. You got 1.1 million signatures to recall Scott Walker, yet your vote total on election night was only 1,158,337 voters? You spent all that money, energy, time and effort and persuaded exactly 58,337 people statewide? Really? You need to call Don Draper and design a new campaign. On second thought, don't do that - he won't give you the time of day because you don't know what the hell you're doing.

Finally, quit crying about President Obama not coming to Wisconsin. He knew it was going to be a train wreck. Axlerod knew it was goin to be a train wreck. Barrett knew it was going to be a train wreck. It appears that YOU were the only one who didn't realize that, but hey, Obama is really looking forward to your help in November! He's counting on you to double up on all of that energy. And emotion. And money. I'm sure you'll feel like going that extra mile to get him elected so he can continue to ignore you when you need him.

Cheers!

Drew

Jun 6, 2012, 10:06:25 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
"Did any of you make a donation to Barrett? Didn't think so."

Wrong again. I made a couple. For all the good it did. When $ = speech, and corporations = people, the voices of actual flesh and blood people will be forever drowned out by the corporate megaphone.

Welcome to the real new world order. Oligarchy reins in the once proud Land of the Free. And is warmly embraced by the likes of Brent.
Buaidh no bas
walker2.png

Drew

Jun 6, 2012, 10:25:12 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
"Progressive activists started this. The Unions started this. The Wisconsin Democrats started this."

Come on, Brentondog. Give your man Walker some credit. Own it. His anti-labor policies - stripping organized labor of any real bargaining rights - started this fight. It was premeditated and will be replicated in states across the country where Koch-sucking Republicans are in charge. Dismantling the unions and reducing voter turn out wherever possible is the Republican strategy for victory. If unions are broken, their coffers depleted, there is no other group able to even come close to matching the money put up by Republican backing oligarchs. If Republicans succeed in their efforts to block minorities at the voting booth, they will win in November and implement the Koch agenda all across the country.

Walker, with the backing of Karl Rove, the Koch brothers and other right-wing facades for corporate political spending, planned and executed the war on workers - and successfully defended their actions yesterday.

I'm guessing you touched yourself in your dark places last night as the new of Walker's victory spread. This was a great victory for you and tea baggers everywhere. Own it. Of course you will also own the results of his policies - which aren't panning out economically for Wisconsin. But cash from your corporate lords will continue to ensure the sheeple are unaware of this simple reality.

Buaidh no bas

Kyle Curtis

Jun 6, 2012, 11:35:34 AM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Again: Brent, do you even have an idea of what you're celebrating?

Juneau Smog

Jun 6, 2012, 12:05:42 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Holy crap! Are you just now figuring out how a $30 million out-of-state special interest big money advantage can influence an election!? Jesus, I know you're slow but my god! Exactly!?!? That is our point! *slamming face on desk*...... 36% to be exact and 17% Obama supporters.

Alex Romero

Jun 6, 2012, 12:32:39 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Brent is celebrating corruption of the voting process apparently??? Why doesn't Brent and all other Republicans move to Mexico where money rules and leave our system alone? We know how its going to go if this continues, it's written thru History.

Alex Romero

Jun 6, 2012, 12:39:46 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
"We don't want to spend money on Social Projects to create jobs and Health care for US citizens, IT COSTS TOO MUCH...instead we are going to spend millions and millions for a small block of power."

If Reps put all this time energy and money towards the common good, they would get a better deal, wont cost as much, and hey, they would even gain more votes. But i guess they would rather waste money like this than help union workers....it just doesn't make any fiscal sense.

William Curtis

Jun 6, 2012, 12:59:56 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
More misery in Madison! Does it really have to take all that money from out of state sources to win an election in Wisconsin. Does Karl Rove
have to set the agenda for the Wisconsonite people? The Koch Brothers and Rove are going to influence elections in all states in November.
The recall started in Wisconsin because Walker lied to the Wisconsin people. He refused to carry out the promises he made to the people of Wisconsin. Oh, well,
Walker's shanagans will be a little more difficult now that the Democrats have retaken control of the legislature.
Ciao,
Bill

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 6, 2012, 1:16:25 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely!
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 8:35:34 AM

Juneau Smog

Jun 6, 2012, 1:19:03 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
What a bitch slap for such a bitch. It's not surprising Methinks can't even take ownership in his party's own victories. Now he blames Democrats for winning? So before you start a fight make sure you can compete against $millions and $millions from outside special interest Big Money. It's all your fault whiny Democrats. What a load of shit. The people have spoken and their names are Koch.

At least Brent gets it though and admits this election was bought plain and simple, unlike the Fox News pundits and Sarah Palin who are all over the airways today crowing about how those "union thugs need to pack it in because the voters are sick and tired of the division created by the radical left," when clearly the out-of-state special interest thugs completely decimated anything the unions and small donors could put together. But I don't expect Brent to join us in telling those conservative pundits to shut the fuck up because they're idiots.

But hey, maybe Scott Walker can create some jobs by turning the state into an old timey theme park, showing life before teachers and school lunches.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Drew <mydog...@gmail.com> wrote:

Kyle Curtis

Jun 6, 2012, 1:22:10 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Really?  Based on your commen ts it appears that you are absolutely clueless.

From 2000-2010, the candidate who raised the most money in House races won 90% of the time, and the most-financed Senate candidate won 80% of the time.  The Wisconsin results have effectively put two rest two memes: that the Republicans rely on winning "the marketplace of ideas" (they don't, they rely on huge gobs of money, without which they wouldn't have a chance) and that there are such things as "Union Thugs" that have undue influence on the political process.

So Drew's right, Brent.  Own the piece of shit that the engineered oligarchy brought to you by Citizens United is going to turn trhis country into.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 6, 2012, 1:23:29 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Again, Walker didn't ask for the recall.

While 30+ million sounds excessive,  (Isn't that what Albert Puhols makes every year?)  who's to say that he doesn't win by 1.5% if he only spent $5 million.

So libs, how much should your opponent spend defending himself from an unjustified recall effort?

I'm sure you'll all be whining like bitches when Obama spends a cool Billion defending his failed presidency, right?

So stop what you're doing and go look in the mirror at the hypocrite.

Alex Romero

Jun 6, 2012, 1:27:26 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
put down the Kool-Aid, Brent...ok ok, money wins...we get it...but as Drew stated, Walker wasn't just sitting there innocently playing with Kittens when the mean Dems came and disrupted his purry bliss....he had a hand in the whole recall.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 6, 2012, 1:31:35 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

"...now that the Democrats have retaken control of the legislature."

Bill, I hate to break it to you, but the GOP has a strong grip on the Wis. State legislature and while the democrats may have gained a one seat advantage in the Wis senate, it's largely symbolic since the senate doesn't reconvene until January of 2013...more than two months after the November elections.

From: "William Curtis" <wcurt...@gmail.com>
To: js...@googlegroups.com

Alex Romero

Jun 6, 2012, 1:33:47 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Shut up and look at Bud's charts, that's where your attention goes south...but a bloated one sided money WI win and your all chatty all of a sudden....weird?

Juneau Smog

Jun 6, 2012, 1:39:23 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Did you make a donation to Walker?

Didn't think so. Because you just let your oligarchs do it for you.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 6, 2012, 1:42:18 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

No.  I knew he was going to kick butt w/o my $20.   Just like you knew that Barrett was going to lose without yours.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 6, 2012, 1:44:07 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Did you all see the video of Barrett being bitch slapped (literally) by one of his supporters last night.  Hilarious.

Google it.

Alex Romero

Jun 6, 2012, 1:45:35 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Kool-Aid man says DRINK UP! wish you were so vocal when the facts put you in a corner...where is your chatter box then?

Alex Romero

Jun 6, 2012, 1:46:31 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Brent is still talking about this? Im moving on to the Indictment, and looking at WI and its plummeting job growth....Walker wins...Wisconsin loses.

Juneau Smog

Jun 6, 2012, 1:51:47 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Right, because of your Oligarchs you knew Walker would win so you didn't need to donate. Point made, thank you.

And yes, apparently my $20 donation to Barrett didn't stop the Koch brothers $millions, so I'm to assume my donations to Warren won't either?

And no, I won't be whining when Obama spends a cool Billion raised by a Billion supporters and not eight billionaire Oligarchs. Who's the hypocrite again?

Don't you have some voter fraud or some liberal media bias nonsense to get back to bellyaching about?

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 6, 2012, 1:53:26 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Who's Warren?

Juneau Smog

Jun 6, 2012, 5:31:53 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Majed. Feel free to throw in on any of the rants we got going here. Condescension is usually required.

Juneau Smog

Jun 6, 2012, 6:22:43 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Well, aside from the special session Walker was going to call to push his Right to Work bullshit if he survived and retained the Senate. At least that's off the table thankfully. And incumbents have a better chance during regular elections than their challengers.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 6, 2012, 11:38:39 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Considering that the Republicans won 60 of the 72 Wisconsin Counties, methinks there's a good chance that the GOP will pick up a few more Senators after the November elections.

Jun 6, 2012, 11:55:27 PM6/6/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
After? How's that?

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 7, 2012, 12:09:27 AM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Most of the counties that Barrett won were rural and sparsely populated too.   Obviously his message didnt resonate too far beyond Milwaukee.

William Curtis

Jun 7, 2012, 12:13:37 AM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Or them rednecks were dumb enough to believe the false ad that Walker put out that Barrett was going to take their guns away! Like Barrett
wants all them thousands and thousands of hunting rifles!

Kyle Curtis

Jun 7, 2012, 12:30:36 AM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Brent, its called "simple math."  Take the total number of votes that Barrett got and divide it by 12.  Take Walkers votes and divide it by 60.

Who got the votes were people actually lived?

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 7, 2012, 2:20:07 AM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Oh Goodie.  Lets only count the big cities because that is the only place liberals can sell their BS.

Sure Barrett won Milwaukee where he happens to be mayor.  And Dane County, home of one of the largest liberal colleges in the country.  But the four next largest counties Waukesha, Brown (think Green Bay) Racine and Outagamie,  went for Walker.

Barrett wins only 3 of the next 9 counties.  These are counties with a population ranging from 100,000 to 160,000.

Out of the next 32 counties Barrett only manages to win three of them.  These are counties with populations greater than 25,000 but less than 100,000.

Barrett wins four of the (25) smaller counties including the smallest; Menominee County, which has a population hovering around 4500.

Perhaps if Barrett had done better in the counties where "people actually live" he might have won.

Daniel Curtis

Jun 7, 2012, 8:56:39 AM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
the cities are where things happen, where things are made, where ideas are bred and put into action, where the problems are, where america happens.

sure, the food might be grown out in the boonies, but someone's got to feed the cities that are the nerve centers of our nation, and we leave that task to the withdrawn farmers that can't get along with others and shout "keep yer hands off our land" all the while convenintly ignoring that land would have never been theres to begin with without good ol' uncle sam.

I propose we refer to brent as Zawahiri from now on, seeing as he hates america so much.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 7, 2012, 10:57:31 AM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
"Cities are where things happen..."  And Walker won 10 of the top 15.

Jun 7, 2012, 11:11:29 AM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

I take it that you've never been to Milwakee, Waukesha, Green Bay or Madison.

William Curtis

Jun 7, 2012, 11:20:00 AM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Walker may not be able to get away with his agenda with a Democratic majority in Wisconsin legislature. Two years from now Wisconsin
will be holding another election. Maybe the Wisconsonites will come to their senses and vote this nutcase out after the state continues to
lose jobs, schools have to close for the lack of money, all the while monies are fed to the greedy corporations, friends of Walker!

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 7, 2012, 3:34:09 PM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

Wisconsin will be gaining jobs for years to come - many coming from the overtaxed, underappreciating state of Illinois.

No for the QUESTION of the Day:  Are there any Jsmoggers who support voter ID laws?  And if not why not?

Alex Romero

Jun 7, 2012, 3:41:28 PM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
YAWN...are you still talking Brent....?

Better live up your tiny victory while you can Mr. Desperate...its the only victories you will see for a long time. Like Scott....what his name...oh yeah Brown....you celebrated and celebrated, and it was just a blip, like Walker will soon be.

I do not care about your question of the day, as you avoid our questions at every turn....nor does my answer penetrate your many years of brainwashing and Bible thumping. Good luck in November...RMoney is gonna be wasting more of your cash on that loss, much like Gingrich...HAHA

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 7, 2012, 4:21:02 PM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Alex,  RU worried that polls released today show that MICHIGAN is a toss-up?  If not you should be.  If RMoney wins Michigan he'll end up with over 350 EV.  plus a GOP Senate & House.

Jun 7, 2012, 4:25:39 PM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
oh take a look at those economic charts Bud posted and give me an answer as to their validity first, it clearly shows who the economic stinkbombs truly are...then maybe i can jack slap you. Until then just STFU.

Alex Romero

Jun 7, 2012, 4:27:57 PM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
a lot of blue test on this page....IM JUST SAYIN'!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 7, 2012, 4:28:49 PM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Latest polls show RMoney up in Ohio & Florida.  RMoney will be declared the winner before the polls close on the west coast - suck on that Alexa.

Jun 7, 2012, 4:32:41 PM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
much like Palin, the home state really tells the true story of any candidate...DOH!

Massachusetts: Romney vs. Obama Western NE UniversityObama 56, Romney 34 Obama +22

Juneau Smog

Jun 7, 2012, 5:59:53 PM6/7/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
I don't support the draconian Republican racist and suppressive voter ID laws that are denying thousands and thousands of legitimate voters their right to vote, if that answers your question.

But I do support a government mandated national voter roll where all legal voters are placed on the roll permanently and maintained either by the federal government like Canada & England, or a standardized state by state voter rolls. This certainly would cost a lot less than all the state by state inaccurate cross referencing with outdated registration lists, DMV records, as well as state residency and naturalization records, which only end up putting the burden of proof on the legal citizen, ultimately disenfranchising their right to vote. This would also add about 65 million more voters to roll who have already, for whatever reason, been illegitimately purged from state voter rolls. Of course more voters = very bad for Republicans. But for people who are really worried about voter fraud, as in they are less worried about being hit by lightning than they are worried about voter fraud, it solves that problem too, because Mickey Mouse doesn't have a social security number.

This solves the issues and concerns for both the right and the left and would finally allow us to get past this partisan bickering, but it also makes too much sense to actually ever see becoming law. However congressman John Lewis has introduced a Voter Registration Modernization bill that could make this happen. It's the future so let's see how many Republicans will vote against it.

Also, if Democracy is one of the highest values this country celebrates, then make the first Tuesday of November a paid National Holiday, where everyone can celebrate their right to vote. Of course higher turnout = very bad for Republicans.

brenton...@comcast.net

Jun 8, 2012, 6:21:25 PM6/8/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

A "thank you" letter to the left

---------------------
To all leftists, occupiers, unionistas and malcontents,

Thank you! What an election! We couldn't have done it without you. Without your tantrums, outbursts and boorish behavior we might have stayed home for this election. Without your filthy, pot smoking hemp-headed minions occupying and violating the Capitol we might have been complacent. Without your obnoxious protests, boycotts and other actions from your union playbook, we might have sat this one out.

But you couldn't hold back. You couldn't restrain yourselves and behave like adults. You couldn't accept the 2010 election results. We sat and watched as you erupted in a juvenile hissy fit that embarrassed Wisconsin . The spectacle you created is what motivated us. And thanks to your ill-mannered behavior, we won. We turned out. Big time! And now we are organized and energized. Committed. "All in". And we aren't going away. We now have our own organizations (no dues required), an army of volunteers and the means to communicate. And countless new sources of funding, including a donor base from all 50 states. And we have "Verify The Recall" to ferret out your infiltrators in our future local elections.

So thank you Mike Tate, Graeme Zielinski , Fred " Loonie " Levenhagen , Ismael Ozanne , Maryanne Sumi , Noble Ray, Charles Tubbs , Joanne Kloppenberg , Segway Boy, John Chisolm , public employee union members, UW TA's , WEAC , SEIU , MTI , AFSCME Council 24 in Union Grove and WI prison guards,. Thanks for the death threats, the intimidation, the bullying, belligerence, thuggery and goonish behavior. The lack of ethics and the failure to enforce rules and laws. Thank you for putting your selfish, greedy motives on display for all taxpayers to see.

Your antics might have made you feel good but they didn't make you look good. They sickened the rest of us.

Thank you Shirley Abrahamson and Ann Walsh Bradley. Your petty politics woke us up. Thank you Miles Kristan for dumping the beer on Robin Vos's head. Thank you University doctors for writing the phony excuses; Madison teachers for calling in sick or dragging your students to the protests without permission. Thank you Katherine Windels for making death threats against the Governor. The noontime capitol singers who taunted Sheboygan high school students. Thank you WEA Trust for raping Wisconsin taxpayers. Thank you Gwen Moore for your embarrassing minstrel show. And thanks all of you for harassing the Walker family at their private home.

You have all been exposed. Your tactics have been rejected. Your bad behavior has been forever captured on You Tube.

Thank you Peter Barca and fellow Assembly members for donning your foolish orange T-shirts and screaming "shame" at legislators just doing their jobs.

Thank you Mark Miller and all 14 senators for fleeing the state and making fools of yourselves in the process. Illinois needed a few more village idiots. Thanks for showing us what democracy doesn't look like.

And Mayor Barrett. How grateful we are that you chose one low road after another in your issue-less campaign against the Governor. This was your strike three. You are out. Take a seat on the bench and stay there. I have a hunch this was your final at-bat.

All of you helped turn Wisconsin permanently red. Your Governor, Scott Walker, will not just complete his first term, he is all but assured as many future terms as he seeks. He will be your governor for a long, long time. Get used to it. And his national "rock star" status just might lead him to be your President some day. Just think, it couldn't have happened without you! So to all of you blue fisters , thank you from the bottom of my happy, red heart.

Sincerely,

A Wisconsin taxpayer

Alex Romero

Jun 8, 2012, 6:23:44 PM6/8/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Another fabricated letter by the right to stir their propaganda....YAWN...why don't you go do something constructive with your internet time Brent?....no one cares to see fabricated GOP crap here.

William Curtis

Jun 8, 2012, 7:11:10 PM6/8/12
to js...@googlegroups.com
Keep up what you are doing, and we will be thanking you in two years hence!

Ciao,
Bill

Kyle Curtis

Jun 8, 2012, 7:23:34 PM6/8/12
to js...@googlegroups.com

That $60 million from out of state billionaires sure who bought an entirely new reality--one in which Walker oversaw "job creation"--sure didn't hurt.  But let's chalk this win for the right to pot-smoking Occupiers and not the naked purchasing of election results by monied interests.

It is loading more messages.