Call to undefined function dom_import_simplexml()

hasan

Jun 16, 2011, 6:55:39 AM6/16/11
to Joomla! General Development
Hi!

I just upgraded the php version from php 5.2 to 5.3 on centos linux
server and Now i am having problem when any user try to logged into
the system. "Call to undefined function dom_import_simplexml() /
libraries/joomla/form/form.php on line 727 ".

/Hasan

Sam Moffatt

Jun 16, 2011, 7:07:07 AM6/16/11
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Is there a php53-xml or php53-dom package that you need to install? I
know many distributions have this obsession with overriding the
upstream providers ideas of what should be a sane default, Red Hat
seems to be one of the most egregious of the lot. It seriously
wouldn't surprise me if Red Hat decided that PHP developers really
shouldn't have XML support by default because nobody uses XML these
days.

Cheers,

Sam Moffatt
http://pasamio.id.au

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos

Jun 16, 2011, 7:44:33 AM6/16/11
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
When in doubt, read the documentation (and their comments) : http://www.php.net/manual/en/dom.setup.php

As the topmost comment reads:

Certain Linux distributions do not have this extension included in the minimum PHP package. It can usually be found in one of the "optional" php-* packages.

For CentOS, you will need to run "yum install php-xml", which provides this extension.

Cheers,

--
Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
Lead Developer, AkeebaBackup.com

hasan

Jun 16, 2011, 8:50:06 AM6/16/11
to Joomla! General Development
Thanks Everyone who posted their comments and who not posted their
comments. But I figure out the problem by updating system and using
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYDeDt5zrss video how to configure php
5.3.3 but now version is 5.3.6 is configured and working perfectly.
Yes it was problem with xml library.

/Hasan

On Jun 16, 1:44 pm, "Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos" <nikosd...@gmail.com>
wrote> When in doubt, read the documentation (and their