About 'value' column's data type of 'jos_core_acl_aro' table

BTree Pak

Mar 9, 2012, 11:19:44 AM3/9/12
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
I now use Joomla 1.5.22.
I wonder that  'value' column's data type of 'jos_core_acl_aro' table  is varchar.
I think that  'value' column's value equal user id and it's type must be int.
What's wrong?
jos_core_acl_aro.png

Hannes Papenberg

Mar 9, 2012, 4:39:45 PM3/9/12
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Those tables are part of the never implemented phpGACL and the half
baked ACL solution of 1.0 and 1.5. These tables were removed in 1.6. The
format of the value field is due to phpGACL and should have been indeed int.

Hannes

> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general?hl=en-GB.

Terrance Arthur

Mar 9, 2012, 2:25:36 PM3/9/12
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This a list for extension developers to help each other with extension development.

You want this forum: http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=428

Ask your question there and someone will be happy to answer it. Also, be sure to note that 1.5.22 is three version out of date. Joomla! 1.5.25 was released to patch a security vulnerability that could allow one to change your users passwords. You should update to 1.5.25 as soon as possible. Also, keep in mind that support for 1.5.x ends next month so you may want to consider migration to Joomla! 2.5.2 if you want to continue to get security updates.

Good luck,

Terry Arthur

The eclectic EASEL - Joomla! Professionals

I look forward to assisting you in any way I can so please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Terry Arthur, Freelance designer & programmer
Always in touch with my clients!
24/7 toll free support (800) 669-0729 or text (904) 385-0043

Follow Me: LinkedIn StumbleUpon Twitter
Contact me: Google Talk terry...@gmail.com Skype terryarthur MSN terry...@gmail.com Y! messenger terrancewarthur AIM terry...@gmail.com