Joomla 3.x CSS Bug with Media Manager

Christophor S. Wilson

Feb 11, 2013, 6:15:30 PM2/11/13
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I think I found a bug with the media manager, when using the media field type, the media manager opens in a lightbox window in the backend of Joomla, when viewing the media manager, it removes the left float and left margin in the isis template.css on lines 4323-4326 I commented these lines out and it started working correctly again.  I can see why they did it this way for mobile support, but it sucks when you are using a media field type.
screenshot 03.png
screenshot 04.png

Christophor S. Wilson

Feb 11, 2013, 6:16:27 PM2/11/13
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Ps. these are the lines I ended up commenting out:

.thumbnails > li {
float: none;
margin-left: 0;

elin

Feb 11, 2013, 6:37:24 PM2/11/13
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Send a pull request and post a link in Joomlacode! Great to get that fixed.

Elin

Nick Savov

Feb 12, 2013, 12:02:42 AM2/12/13
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Nice find, Christophor! As Elin mentioned, please report it on the
tracker along with the fix.

In case you need it, here's the process for reporting it:
http://docs.joomla.org/Filing_bugs_and_issues

and here's the process for creating a pull request:
http://docs.joomla.org/Git_for_Coders

Kind regards,
Nick

piotr_cz

Feb 12, 2013, 3:57:00 AM2/12/13
to Joomla! CMS Development

IMHO commenting these out will break responsiveness for low-resolution
screens when thumbnails are used outside popup window (see desired
effect at http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/components.html#thumbnails)

I suggest that only if context is (media) manager popup window, styles
will be same as default ones (thumbnails next to each other).

Instead of commenting out that line, add below it

.manager.thumbnails > li {
float: left;
margin-left: 20px;
}