FYI. Bug in com_users/controllers/reset.php

Caleb

Jan 23, 2012, 6:03:12 PM1/23/12
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Line 76 in com_users/controllers/reset.php..

$this->setRedirect(JRoute::_($route, false), $message);

In the case of reset success, it tries to use variable $message without ever defining a message, causing a PHP error to be logged.

This is actually the same as tracker bug

   [#25423] $message not initialized in ~/components/com_users/controllers/reset.php

from a year or so ago. #25423 was closed without a fix as "not in Joomla core" because someone mentioned unrelated component com_accounts in the incident. But it is actually a core com_users issue.

I see this problem on 1.7.3, and I just verified that it is still a problem in latest 2.5 code.

Matt Thomas

Jan 23, 2012, 6:19:11 PM1/23/12
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
That tracker item has been re-opened based on your report - http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=25423

Thanks!

Best,

Matt Thomas
Founder betweenbrain
Phone: 203.632.9322
Twitter: @betweenbrain

Caleb

Jan 23, 2012, 7:15:37 PM1/23/12
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Tiny issue, but testing secure registration/login/reset for a new component, PHP started yelling at me about this one..

Matt Thomas

Jan 23, 2012, 7:32:45 PM1/23/12
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for following it up. If you have a chance to submit a patch or pull request to fix it, that'd be great.

Best,

Matt Thomas
Founder betweenbrain
Phone: 203.632.9322