Frozen Carburettor: (It Pays to Remember this tip)

Alan

Apr 25, 2019, 8:58:56 AM4/25/19

People frequently complain about the police, but you rarely hear about the positive things they do, such as this incident involving a biker and a frozen carburettor.

Last January on a bitterly cold winter's day, a Minnesota State Trooper on patrol came upon a motorcyclist who was stalled by the roadside.

The biker was swathed in heavy protective clothing and wearing a full-face helmet to protect the face from the cold weather.

"What's the matter? asked the Trooper "

“Carburettor's frozen," was the terse reply.

"Pee on it. That'll thaw it out."

"I can't," said the biker. "

“OK, watch me closely and I'll show you."

The Trooper unzipped and promptly warmed the carburettor as promised. Moments later the bike started and the rider drove off, waving.

A few days later, the local State Troopers' office received a note of thanks from the father of the motorcyclist.

It began:  "On behalf of my daughter Janice...