JOB: Community Strategy Manager, Farmigo (Berkeley, CA)

Julia Silbergeld

Oct 2, 2015, 11:20:52 PM10/2/15
to noi-...@googlegroups.com, <comfoodjobs@elist.tufts.edu>, jobstha...@googlegroups.com

Community Strategy Manager

Berkeley, CA

About Farmigo

Farmigo is a mission-driven startup with a simple, ambitious goal: we want to make local, sustainably produced food more accessible and affordable in every community. Farmigo empowers individuals and communities to create "virtual food co-ops," where community members can order directly from local farmers and food makers on Farmigo.com, then pick up their orders at a pick-up site in their neighborhood.

About the Role

Organizers are at the center of Farmigo’s model: they set up pick-up sites, find local members, manage weekly pick-ups, and shape a community that revolves around local food. As a Community Account Manager, you work directly with organizers to build and grow their membership. You monitor your communities on a weekly basis, coach your organizers, organize and attend events, and develop programs that build membership. This is a full-time, exempt position based in our Berkeley, CA office.

Responsibilities

Organizer Engagement and Support

  • Build trust and strong relationships with your organizers

  • Analyze weekly reports and data to determine community health and relevant interventions

  • Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to be communicated simply and succinctly

  • Share information with organizers on their communities’ performance

  • Coach organizers over the phone, via email, or in person to develop strategies to recruit new members and retain current members

  • Design and execute detailed account management processes

  • Collect insights and feedback from organizers to improve Farmigo’s processes, product, and offerings

  • Draft personal, effective mass communications across multiple regions

Program Development

  • Recommend new strategies to support organizers in building and retaining their members

  • Work with other teams within Farmigo to test and implement new community-building programs

  • Brainstorm and execute “delight” initiatives with Community Team

Event Planning and Coordination

  • Plan events that build a stronger sense of community among organizers and/or members

  • Work with other team members to successfully execute events

  • Collect feedback on events

Qualifications

  • Strong generalist -- highly competent with the ability to wear many hats

  • Highly flexible and adaptable to continuous change and improvement

  • Excellent communicator, verbal and written

  • Organized and detail-oriented

  • Personable, able to build rapport over the phone

  • Takes initiative - someone who will proactively identify opportunities to improve our processes and program

  • Quick learner - ability to learn systems and processes, as well as software

  • Experience managing logistics and details

  • Experience with databases (Salesforce, etc) a plus

  • Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus: data analysis, event planning, writing, developing creative assets

Salary and Benefits

We love our staff, and we try to show it good benefits, equity in a fast-growing start-up, competitive salaries, an amazing culture, and the chance to learn from great co-workers. Plus you’ll get steep discounts on the best food you’ve ever tasted, and we make an incredible family lunch every Wednesday (sometimes, it will be your turn to cook!).

How to Apply:

Please submit your application at Farmigo's Online Application by October 5th.

Farmigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace.