INTERNSHIP- Communications Intern (St. Louis, Mo.)

Meg Burcke

Aug 28, 2014, 6:40:10 PM8/28/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

The Protect Our Local Schools campaign is looking for a dedicated individual to serve as an intern in the State Headquarters in St. Louis assisting the Communication Director and Digital Director with official communication to raise awareness about the campaign throughout the state of Missouri. This is a perfect opportunity for students interested in getting involved with local campaigns and becoming an integral part of the campaign. Interns will be involved in copy editing materials, assisting with social media, and additional projects that will allow them to learn issue campaign communication tactics.

The campaign to Protect Our Local Schools is a coalition of parents, teachers, principals, superintendents and school boards that is working to defeat Constitutional Amendment 3, which treats students like numbers and takes local control away from parents, teachers, and school districts and hands it over to Jefferson City politicians. This costly amendment is a one-size-fits-all approach to our children that would force taxpayers to spend money on even more state-mandated standardized tests.

Duties and Qualifications:

·      Strong written and verbal communication skills

·      Knowledge of Social Media

·      Ability to switch tasks quickly in a fast paced, deadline driven, environment

·      Other duties and responsibilities as needed

·      Able to commit to 15-20 hours per week in the office, with night and weekend availability preferred

Interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter to mi...@protectourlocalschools.com.

###