Senior Digital Strategist at Veracity Media in DC

Marne Pike

Mar 29, 2017, 4:51:06 PM3/29/17
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Veracity Media, a progressive Digital Strategy firm based in Washington D.C., is looking for a tech-savvy Senior Digital Strategist to run smart, effective and comprehensive digital campaigns, with an emphasis on digital fundraising for Democratic candidates and progressive causes.

Veracity works with Senate and House campaigns, advocacy organizations, as well as international and corporate clients. We run innovative email, social and advertising campaigns, and build cutting-edge websites and web tools.

If you are passionate about politics and advocacy, are a strong team player, and believe you have what it takes to use a client’s message to develop an expansive digital organizing effort that achieves results, this is the position for you.

Above all, Veracity is a fun, exciting, and flexible place to work.

The following list of skills and experiences are all valuable to the position. None are required, but these are all skills our strategists bring to the table:

Experience:

  • 1 cycle or more of digital experience with a campaign, state party, or committee
  • 1 cycle or more of experience with a digital fundraising firm
  • 2+ years of combined communications and fundraising experience at a labor union, PAC, advocacy organization, or agency that works with political/advocacy clients.

Professional Skills:

  • Excellent writing ability
  • Experience writing in the voices of high-profile principals
  • Management of large/influential social media accounts
  • Project management and client delivery experience
  • Website project management (non-technical)

Technical Skills:

  • Online advertising: Facebook, Google Adwords, Twitter, etc.
  • Design: Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/etc.
  • Coding: HTML and CSS; Javascript and/or jQuery are a plus
  • Email CRMs: NationBuilder, NGP-VAN, ActionKit, or Blue State Digital
  • Database management: Voterfile, Excel, SQL, Stata, etc.

Veracity Media is located in the new WeWork - Manhattan Laundry Building in Washington D.C.'s U Street Neighborhood. We are a tight-knit team of creative, driven strategists, designers, and developers who go above and beyond to help our clients succeed.

This is a D.C.-based position. Remote applicants will not be considered. Interviews may take place over the phone or in person. Applicants may be asked to submit work samples beyond what is initially provided. We offer a competitive salary, based on experience (not campaign wages), and you will have access to Veracity’s health benefits package as well as the potential for more benefits down the road.

Please submit your resume, cover letter, any work samples you find relevant, and favorite ice cream flavor to jo...@veracitymedia.com.