Election Deputy Digital Director, MoveOn.org (REMOTE)

emeliem...@moveon.org

Apr 19, 2018, 9:32:19 AM4/19/18
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Resist and Win - Election Deputy Digital Director

MoveOn.org

Full-time • Starts June 1, 2018, ends November 30, 2018 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in Continental U.S.

About MoveOn

Our country is in a crisis, and stakes in 2018 couldn’t be higher. Since Donald Trump took office, MoveOn members have been a pillar of the resistance to the radical policies coming out of Congress and the White House. In this election, MoveOn will mobilize a grassroots wave to take back our government and create a nation where all can thrive—one marked by justice, sustainability, economic security, peace, and mutual care

MoveOn.org’s “Resist & Win” 2018 election program centers on recruiting, training, and supporting hundreds of volunteer leaders in more than 100 congressional districts to mobilize thousands of volunteers to join them in strategic movement-building and voter engagement actions—paired with the power of our cutting-edge Video Lab, Analytics, Technology, and Digital campaigning.

We are determined to make the 2018 elections a turning point, helping Democrats win the House to create a roadblock to Trump and the Republicans’ ability to advance their toxic agenda, while building the movement for racial, economic, immigrant, and climate justice and electing new progressive champions who can help lead our country to a better future in races down-ballot across the country.

With millions of members nationwide and a 20-year track record of winning electoral and progressive issue campaigns and breaking new digital and field organizing ground, MoveOn is uniquely suited to power the progressive wave it will take to win back control of the U.S. House in 2018 and strengthen our collective movement.

Resist And Win - Election Deputy Digital Director

MoveOn is seeking a highly motivated and goal-oriented Deputy Digital Director to drive online engagement around a massive national campaign across hundreds of districts to end GOP control of Congress.

The Deputy Digital Director will be responsible for designing and implementing digital recruitment, engagement, and storytelling strategies for our campaign to take back Congress in 2018.

Responsibilities

  • Assist in implementing all aspects of digital strategy for MoveOn’s ”Resist and Win” 2018 federal election mobilization program

  • Regularly write clear, compelling, sharable, and creative emails and social media posts that inspire people to volunteer and take action

  • Track performance analytics to optimize content

  • Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop, and implement digital projects, along with the management of capacity and resource allocation and trafficking

  • Work with our organizing team, comms team, and MoveOn members to produce quality content (videos, pictures, graphics, etc.) that tells the story of our campaign work with our Mobile Team to optimize our programs for mobile

  • Own development and manage a digital asset management process in support of photo, video, and story collection of MoveOn members and events. This includes vendor management from contract/start-work initiation through overseeing completion and delivery of assets, along with collaboration with additional MoveOn creative teams

  • Identify and collaborate with potential partner organizations

  • Participate as a full member of our national team, contributing to shared learning and mutual accountability

Required Experience

  • Minimum 2+ cycles experience in digital electoral or advocacy campaigning

  • Excellent writing skills

  • Experience writing compelling emails for a large audience

  • Experience with digital CRM systems such as ActionKit, Blue State Digital, or Action Network

  • Experience successfully telling the authentic story of a program or campaign to wide audiences across multiple platforms

Skills, Characteristics, and Values

  • Acts with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and camaraderie

  • Attention to detail

  • Self-directedness—MoveOn is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output.

  • Commitment to recruiting diverse leadership and making visible the leadership of people most impacted by Trump’s campaign of bigotry

  • Experience managing multiple projects

  • Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment

  • Self-motivated; driven; able to work nights, weekends, and long hours; and able to maintain work-life balance. We take a healthy workplace seriously and can accommodate flexible daytime schedules when evening work is required.

Location: Work from anywhere within the continental United States

Reports to: Resist & Win Digital Director

To Apply: Submit application, resume, and cover letter here

Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time; highly competitive salary, including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month, floating holidays and all-staff holidays; and reimbursement of home office expenses