Nuclear Threat Campaign Organizer - Approx. $1000/wk - CA, NH, and NV

Naomi Roth-Gaudette

Oct 13, 2019, 10:57:07 AM10/13/19
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT
360 Campaign Consulting is hiring a hotshot organizer skilled in communications and putting on major events for a campaign to raise the issue of the threat of nuclear weapons in the 2020 primaries. To do it, the organizer will plan, recruit for, and execute three public education and media events leading up to the Presidential primaries in New Hampshire, Nevada, and California. Mix of remote and on-the-ground work in all three locations.

Role starts immediately and runs through March 15, 2020.

The pay is up to $1000/wk. We're looking for someone based in or near the SF Bay area, NH, or Las Vegas, NV. JD below (and here). If you're interested, I'm happy to chat, reach out at n...@360campaignconsulting.com.

--
Naomi Roth-Gaudette
Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, 360 Campaign Consulting

NUCLEAR THREAT CAMPAIGN ORGANIZER JOB DESCRIPTION

360 Campaign Consulting is excited to be working on a campaign to build visibility in 2020 races around the dire threat of nuclear weapons.

General Overview: Nuclear weapons are terrifying. If a nuclear weapon exploded in a major city, the blast center would be hotter than the surface of the sun; tornado-strength winds would spread the flames; and a million or more people could die. Today, nine countries hold nearly 16,000 nuclear weapons. That’s enough to destroy the planet hundreds of times over. This is an issue that candidates for public office, especially those running for President, ought to be talking about at every turn. In order to make the issue a priority, the campaign organizer will plan, recruit for, and execute three public education and media events leading up to the Presidential primaries in New Hampshire, Nevada, and California.

The position begins immediately and runs through March 15th, 2020.

Location: This is a partially remote position based in or near the Bay Area, CA, New Hampshire, or Las Vegas, NV. Candidates must be able to travel to any of these locations regularly.

Responsibilities:
Event Planning and Execution

  • Book locations that will attract activists and be accessible to media
  • Plan events that will be media worthy
  • Recruit speakers, including local elected officials and issue experts
  • Manage all logistics

Event Attendee Recruitment

  • Create and advertise social media event pages
  • Call and recruit local activists to drive turnout
  • Recruit an average of 100 attendees to each of the three events
  • Spend two to three weeks on the ground leading up to events to drive turnout

Earned Media

  • Call local media outlets to generate interest in events
  • Work with local reporters to connect them to issue experts

Qualifications:

  • Demonstrated experience putting on big events
  • Track-record of generating earned media
  • Track-record of recruiting and managing volunteers remotely
  • Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills
  • Personally organized
  • Passion for solving climate change and other environmental issues
  • Willingness to travel
  • Willingness to work evenings and weekends

Salary
The salary for this position is up to $1,000 per week and depends on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation, paid sick leave, health insurance, and training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement.

At 360 Campaign Consulting we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply.

Click here to apply on our website today!