At-Large DC Council Campaign Internship

Renee Johnson

Sep 22, 2014, 8:19:18 PM9/22/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
We are seeking interns for our communications and policy teams, starting immediately.  It is preferable, but not required, if the candidates are available at the beginning of October and can continue work through November 4th. Responsibilities include compiling press clips, answering reporter inquiries, organizing press conferences, writing press releases, talking points and memos, conducting research and assisting the Press Staff with the day-to-day operations of a very active press office. Applicants must work well under pressure, have excellent written and oral communications skills and a desire to learn. Previous experience in politics and press are not required but candidates should have a general understanding of the governmental process. Internship is unpaid. If interested, please send cover letter and resume via email to: pr...@khalidforcouncil.com.