Field Organizer (interim, 25-30 hrs per week) | Clean Energy Startup in Long Island | Starts in mid-November | $2,500/mo

Andrew McCarthy

Oct 25, 2016, 10:06:23 AM10/25/16
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Field Organizer (Interim, part-time)

Sealed Inc.

Long Island, NY

This is a great opportunity for field organizers who want interim, part-time work after Election Day.

To apply, please send your resume to andrew....@sealed.com with a short note describing your interest.

Who are we?

Sealed is an innovative, award-winning cleantech startup that is solving the largest piece of the climate change puzzle: residential energy efficiency. We make home efficiency upgrades easy and affordable through our groundbreaking HomeAdvance program. HomeAdvance is the first-ever program that lets homeowners pay a low upfront cost for their home efficiency project and use the resulting energy savings to pay for the remaining project cost.

Position Details

This is a 25-30 hour per week position extending through the end of 2016. Depending on performance and company needs, there may be an opportunity to continue in a full-time capacity in 2017.

Sealed’s outreach team consists of 7 part-time outreach representatives. Our team currently reaches out to homeowners about home energy efficiency upgrades via door-to-door canvassing and tabling at local retailers, community events, and farmers markets.

Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:

·       Managing and supporting our existing team of 7 part-time outreach representatives

·       Recruiting and training additional outreach representatives as needed

·       Collaborating with Sealed’s marketing director to plan outreach activities, set budgets, adjust messaging, and revise marketing materials

·       Completing all required administrative functions including shift scheduling, payroll, databasing, materials printing, and materials distribution

Position requirements

·       Experienced field organizer who is passionate about tackling climate change

·       Interested in working on an interim, part-time basis

·       Owns a car and able to work in Long Island, NY

Compensation Details

·       $2,500 / month (equivalent of ~$40,000 full-time annual salary)

·       Travel and work expenses reimbursed