Coordinator, Advancement and Development at Leadership for Educational Equity (Washington, DC)

LEE Talent Acquisition

Oct 4, 2015, 10:28:42 AM10/4/15
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT
Please apply on our website

About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan leadership development organization dedicated to developing its members' leadership potential to ensure every child has the opportunity to receive an outstanding education.

Our kids and communities need more leaders who believe that educational inequity is a solvable problem.  We believe that when our members are organized and reach positions of leadership, they'll serve as a transformative force for students, communities and the broader movement for educational equity.

LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals who are committed to making a difference.  We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrerenuerial environment and we are committed to deep investments in continuous improvemment.  If you would like to become a part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more about what we do, please click here.

Position Summary
We are looking for a Program Coordinator for LEE’s Advancement and Development (AD), Policy and Advocacy team. The Coordinator is responsible for helping to plan and execute a set of policy trainings and fellowships, including generating interest and demand for LEE programs through regular outreach to and communication with LEE members, coordinating program logistics, and implementing systems and processes to support other teams.  The Coordinator will provide ongoing administrative support to individual team members, as well as operational support for the AD team as needed.

This role requires exceptional attention to detail, an ability to create systems and document best practices to ensure we are constantly improving, and an ability to manage competing priorities.  The Coordinator needs to exercise strong judgment in responding to questions, trouble-shooting problems, and flagging issues for other team members as needed.  Finally, the Coordinator will need to successfully build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including other staff at LEE, our members, Teach For America staff, and other partner organizations. This role is an excellent opportunity to hone professional skills, build policy knowledge and grow his/her network in the education policy community.

Position Location: Washington, D.C.

Requirements, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities & Competencies
  • Bachelor’s degree required
  • Demonstrated interest or experience in policy, at any level
  • 1 - 2 years of previous work experience required
  • Previous leadership training or fellowship experience a plus
  • Exceptional organizational skills and detail orientation
  • Coordinating multiple projects with diverse stakeholders and tight deadlines
  • Drafting and editing effective, streamlined and error-free communications
  • Strong research skills
  • Strong creativity and ability to implement innovative ideas to improve process management
  • Strong relationship-building skills with internal and external stakeholders
  • High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
  • Experience working with an online content management system (e.g. Salesforce) or another database a plus.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.  In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.

An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.