Health & Safety Coordinator - MI

Human Resources

Sep 25, 2020, 4:34:12 PM9/25/20
to GAIN POWER: JobsthatareLEFT

Position Title: Health & Safety Coordinator - MI

Job Location: Remote

Position Type: Full Time / Exempt

Education Level: N/A

Salary Range: $58,000 Salary/year

Travel %: Minimal

Job Shift: Any

Job Categories: Nonprofit - Social Services

ABOUT FOR OUR FUTURE

Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community's collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people's lives.

In 2018, we made over 10 million door knocks and held 1.5 million face-to-face conversations with voters in 7 states. Our turnout operation and innovative program in Michigan resulted in sizable electoral progress, including electing Gretchen Whitmer Governor, flipping every statewide Constitutional office, re-electing Debbie Stabenow to the United States Senate, flipping 2 swing Congressional seats, gaining 5 seats in the Michigan State Senate, and gaining 5 seats in the Michigan House of Representatives.

For Our Future will continue to grow and win through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

JOB SUMMARY

For Our Future Michigan seeks a Health and Safety Coordinator to manage the tracking, implementation, and enforcement of health and safety measures in response to COVID-19 in Michigan and how they relate to our program and voting. The Michigan Health and Safety Coordinator should be familiar with political or issue organizing, highly organized, have advanced computer literacy skills, and with exceptional communication skills, ready to build relationships and support our staff across the state in implementing new procedures that keep us all safe. This position reports to the Michigan Operations Director.

This is a full-time position through at least November 6, 2020.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS

●      Tracks city/municipality and county public health guidance across Michigan and ensure For Our Future Action Fund’s policies are compliant.

●      Manages the organization’s implementation of new health and safety measures in response to COVID-19 in Michigan, including setting up training programs and internal data-tracking systems to monitor and enforce compliance.

●      Sets up a communication structure to receive frequent updates and qualitative data from staff in each region of the state, and sends daily summary updates to senior management.

●      Works with national and state leadership to implement policy procedures, develop auxiliary guidance, and develop or update training materials as needed.

●      Coordinates with national and state operations staff on ensuring adequate supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) and other materials for state activities and helps oversee the dissemination of supplies across the state.

●      Provides direct support to program management staff on implementing policies, holding trainings, answering questions, and helping identify issues and implement solutions.

●      Serves as a point of contact for program staff on all COVID-19 inquiries and issues.

●      Researches changes to county policies as they relate to voting this November, tracks information on a regular basis, and assists state leadership in programmatic needs related to election day operations.

●      Performs other duties as needed to ensure the health and safety of the For Our Future Action Fund staff and the communities we work in.

SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS

■       The ideal candidate will have at least 2 cycles of candidate or issue campaign experience.

■       Highly organized with advanced technological literacy and experience working with data.

■       Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal.

■       Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the organization and the position evolves.

■       Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment.

■       Exercises good judgment in high-pressure situations.

■       Exceptional attention to detail.

■       Strong interpersonal skills and possesses the ability to work with people at all levels of the organization and with diverse backgrounds.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES

■       None.

WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS

■       Because of COVID-19, state and local government stay at home orders, phased reopening orders, and other factors limit For Our Future’s canvassing program. When these limits apply, your work environment will likely be your domicile (teleworking) or a socially-distanced office. When it is possible to safely and appropriately resume in-person organizing activity, this position is expected to interact with canvassers and field staff, community partners  volunteers, or voters in person individually or collectively in group settings for various projects.The work environment will vary but work may include either an office environment or working outdoors, potentially in extreme weather conditions, including heat and cold.

EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK

■       Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, holidays, and nights.

■       Employees may be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle, and generally not allowed to take more than 2-3 days off consecutively unless it’s an emergency.

For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:

■       Health insurance coverage - 95% employer paid and 5% employee paid.

■       Paid Parental Leave.

■       Retirement savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%.

■       $100 monthly cell phone bill reimbursement.

■       13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.

This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.

For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer.  This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances.  Should an applicant need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.

AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT

The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.”  This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future.  No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship.  By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.

To Apply

Click Here