Sampling and Data Associate

Hart Research Associates

Dec 7, 2018, 6:58:38 PM12/7/18
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Hart Research Associates, a national public opinion research firm, is looking for a Sampling and Data Associate to join our team in our DC office. Hart conducts public opinion research for political clients across the United States in addition to our industry-leading work for our union, non-profit, business, and media clients. Please send your resume and cover letter to smo...@hartresearch.com with the subject in the format of “FirstName LastName – Sampling and Data Associate”.

Responsibilities

·           Prepare samples for telephone and online survey research

·           Design universes for political polls that will accurately reflect target voter populations

·           Provide accurate demographic information to analysts to ensure that quotas and weights are effectively representative of the population

·           Work with analysts to develop sampling strategies for contacting harder-to-reach populations

·           Manage multiple fast-moving projects at once

·           Collaborate with Senior Sampling and Data Associate to develop new processes for making surveys and samples more efficient and effective

Need-to-Haves

·           Acute attention to detail and a plan in place to check for errors

·           Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously

·           Ability to work efficiently and problem-solve independently

·           Strong communication and organizational skills

·           Interest in staying up-to-date in current trends in response rates, modeling, and hybrid or mixed methodological approaches

·           The ability to learn new technologies through instruction as well as self-taught methods

Nice-to-Haves

·           Experience with any of: Python (especially pandas), R, SPSS, Stata, SQL, Access, VAN, Catalist, Census, Tableau

·           Excels at Excel (Nested formulas, Vlookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)

·           Political campaign experience

·           Experience working cooperatively with outside vendors

·           Solid geographic and demographic skills

·           Coursework or experience in statistics, research methodology, and/or computer science

Hart Research Associates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, familial status, military status, religion, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone.