Development Coordinator, Alaska Center for the Environment, Anchorage, AK

Alaska Center for the Environment

Apr 17, 2015, 11:08:16 PM4/17/15
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

Position & Organization Overview

Alaska Center for the Environment (ACE) and Alaska Conservation Voters (ACV) are seeking an enthusiastic and talented individual to serve as our Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator will design and implement ACE & ACV donor engagement strategies, leveraging investments to advance our vision and build a powerful Alaska conservation movement.

Alaska’s world‐class ecosystems and incredible natural resources sustain our families, communities, and cultures. By building and empowering an engaged conservation constituency, Alaska Center for the Environment (ACE) and Alaska Conservation Voters (ACV) seek to conserve the resources that support our unique quality of life for current and future generations. To accomplish this, ACE cultivates future conservation leaders; educates Alaskans about key conservation issues; and mobilizes partners and supporters to advocate for sensible conservation policies. A separate but affiliated organization, Alaska Conservation Voters (ACV) works to protect our environment and communities for current and future generations, by advocating for sound conservation laws and policies, electing pro‐conservation candidates, and holding decision makers accountable for their votes and actions.

This position would be shared between Alaska Center for the Environment and Alaska Conservation Voters, with the hired employee tracking hours spent on each organization’s mission.

The Development Coordinator will inspire, grow, and cultivate our base of supporters through ongoing stewardship. The right candidate will believe that individual investments in our mission will lead to positive social change; be able to inspire others to contribute resources we need to successfully advocate on critical issues; possess skills and knowledge in managing fundraising programs; and have the personality and drive for establishing and strengthening relationships. An effective Development Coordinator will have the opportunity for growth.

Salary: DOE

Location: Anchorage

Core Responsibilities:

The Development Coordinator will be responsible for developing an annual individual giving plan with evaluation metrics; supporting board and staff in major donor prospecting, solicitation, and stewardship; coordinating annual membership engagement (online, phone, direct mail); coordinating and executing special events; managing donor database; and integrating fundraising with organizing and communications strategies.

Skills and Qualifications

    Innovation, ability to take risks, constant curiosity and desire to learn;

    Interest in Alaska conservation issues and the work of ACE & ACV;

    Desire to engage Alaskans in supporting our youth education, advocacy, and elections objectives;

    Willingness to ask people to contribute to our cause, and ability to inspire them in doing

so!

    Minimum one year of experience in fundraising, marketing, or grassroots organizing;

    Excellent organization and planning skills;

    Strong persuasive writing skills;

    Proven ability to interact with donors, volunteers and staff in a thoughtful, professional, and enthusiastic manner;

    Work independently and as a productive member of a team;

    Experience with coordinating small events, large event experience a plus;

    Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, respond quickly to emerging opportunities, and be flexible to adapt to changing circumstances of dynamic organizations;

    Tech savvy with high proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google suite of products,

and social media;

    Familiarity with Alaska’s diverse communities, cultures, and political dynamics a plus;

    Familiarity with donor or constituent databases and bulk email platforms.

This position will have access to professional development opportunities, including training and support through the State League of Conservation Voters network.

This is a full‐time position based in Anchorage, Alaska. Salary DOE with competitive benefits. Supportive work environment with excellent incentives. ACE is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to jo...@akcenter.org.  Position open until filled. First review of applications will be Monday, May 18th. No phone calls please.