Fellowship Opening (NJ)

and...@workplaceopportunity.org

Apr 23, 2014, 4:14:36 PM4/23/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Campaign Fellows Needed

            The Human Rights campaign is seeking Campaign Fellows committed to the values of workplace equality and gaining valuable, real world experience working on a historic national campaign.

The Fellowship is demanding, but the skills and lessons learned are essential to working in the advocacy and governmental fields.  Fellows will work directly with experienced campaign staff, will be empowered in an environment with potential for professional and personal growth.  This is a must-have position for anyone interested in campaigns.

We are seeking fellows to assist staff members with research, event planning and aspects of community organizing and outreach.  Fellows will work closely with staff members, but will be expected to be able to carry out independent projects.

Job Description:

·         Coordinating community outreach events.

·         Completing research tasks.

·         Entering and track campaign metrics.

·         Other duties as needed.

We are looking for fellows to start as soon as possible.  Fellowships are available throughout New Jersey.  The hours are flexible and can be fit around your school or work schedule, but may occasionally include nights and weekends.  While unpaid, we are willing to work with schools to earn academic credit.

No experience is needed, but applicants should have an interest in government, politics, advocacy or public policy. Attention to detail and a self-starter attitude are needed to be successful.

We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap or sexual orientation.

Interested applicants should provide a short cover letter and a resume to meredithd@workplaceopportunity.orgwith “Campaign Fellow” in the subject line.