PT/FT Research & Outreach Partnership Director Cofounder with WinWisely

Gary Krane

May 23, 2019, 6:20:12 PM5/23/19
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

PT/FT  Research & Outreach Partnership Director Cofounder with WinWisely

What We Are:

WinWisely is  “Kickstarter plus behavioral economics plus peer-bonding meets movement organizing.” We are a small startup in the final stages of creating a free one-stop mobile-friendly app, a tool chest, to answer what most organizers call the mother of all questions, the holy grail:

How can progressive campaigns be able to recruit, commit, and support massively larger numbers of volunteers willing to do much bigger impact tasks—those necessary to win, to save the planet and create real economic & healthcare justice and democracy before it's too late? And conversely: How can the 3-4M potential untapped activists out there quickly find and commit to the campaign and role that most resonates with their passions, needs, and interests?

Our aim is nothing less than to take mobilizing a giant leap forward, to be the most valuable social change tool of 2019 or 2020. We’ve also recently partnered with one of the more successful new campaign tech tools used during the midterms.  We will be nonprofit and free to almost all justice oriented campaigns.

To see our solution and find out more, first check out our simple website at WinWisely.org (under construction) and then if intrigued, watch our 3 part  demo packet: starting with a 3 minute animation explaining just one of our innovative functionalities, Crowdacting (albeit applied to a more conservative strategy), and ending with our 10min video demo, that illustrates all 4 of our functionalities

Our Key Hypothesis is This: Since there are various motivators that increase willingness to become an activist, will combining three of the most powerful and easiest motivators for campaigns to provide produce a cumulative or even synergstic effect?

JOB DUTIES:

Negotiable none in stone except Duty #1

Flexibility a must—willing to wear at least 2 or 3 hats, since this is a startup.  However, we can adjust this list based on your preferences.

1.First 1-2months

Find contact information for potential funders and advisers (for our Board of Advisers), and making follow-up calls to our emails to ensure delivery, etc. You will not be expected to pitch. Funder leads will be provided.

2.  First 5 months:

Identify and then become the liaison between our team and campaigns (eg "keep it in the ground", medicare4All, TaxtheRich, reverse grotesque wealth inequality, or electoral (eg Mayoral) etc) eager to get our help, to beta test us; helping them with their questions, filling out their applications to be considered for our beta test, ensuring ongoing QA on all data transfers during the beta test, etc. The goal is to maximize our effectiveness in helping these campaigns succeed and thereby their satisfaction with us, which includes identifying bottlenecks and anything else that is reducing our ability to send the campaigns lots of committed or conditionally committed volunteers

3. Until we find funding for social media talent/director, finding social influencers willing to promote us, either for user testing or an entire betatest campaign; also updating our FB page and twitter accounts

4. Researching motivation and commitment related topics ranging from behavior economics tactics for increasing commitment, reducing flake out and increasing peer-peer bonding, to

cause marketing to privacy/security tactics to

4. Optional: occasional face to face user testing if comfortable with such extrovert work

5. Optional: scheduling hangouts via zoom or google with campaign organizers, tech help, potential donors, marketing gurus etc and taking good notes on such meetings (Zoom records; so need not be super fast typist)

6.  Optional: if you like networking, attending conferences and events to find us useful contacts

7. Additional duties as they come up in response to needs of the beta test campaign organizers

HOURS: You choose, PT ok, but closer to full time, the better.

LOCATION: You can be anywhere

COMPENSATION:

$800-2500/mo (PT/FT) to start with significant raises upon further funding.  In addition, our chief cofounder has been a fundraiser most of his life (raised $1.5M for his PBS-aired documentaries, his prior successful startup, and various other progressive causes) and is optimistic about raising sufficient funding to provide livable income for all WinWisely cofounders (who will get paid before himself!)

TEAM:

Interviewing top talent web app and native app developer cofounders now. Original top talent senior developer/CTO continues to be supportive, and adviser. Top talented UI/UX designer wanting to join.  Product director/Chief psychologist is me with two prior successful startups and more.

TO APPLY: Email: Ga...@WinWisely.org with Researcher/Outreach [JTAL] in sub line

1. Check out WinWisely.org page and at least some of the reviews from 20 toporganizers

2. view our demo packet and at least one of our keybackgrounders here

3. Drop us a cover letter with a resume or LI profile (if complete),  and a  statement of interest and gut level as well as any suggestions you wish to convey (we cherish criticism) to the demo packet (preferably bulleted)

 Be sure to include in bullet points of prior relevant accomplishments that might demonstrate your passion for saving the planet and/or democracy/ and/or social and economic justice etc,