Multiple Positions - Americans for Responsible Solutions (DC)

Jen Cox

Apr 15, 2014, 6:21:27 PM4/15/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
For more information about
Americans for Responsible Solutions, visit: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org

We're hiring!
Please take a look at the job descriptions below. To apply, please send us your resume and a statement of interest to jo...@responsiblesolutions.org.

State& Local Advocacy Director
:
ARS seeks a States & Local Advocacy Director to manage our advocacy and legislative programs in at least a dozen states, fighting both for and against legislation. You will be expected to develop the vision and strategy for engagement, write campaign plans, identify validators and local supporters, analyze and contribute to legislation, coordinate media appearances, manage paid advocacy programs, and generally guide our organization to gun violence prevention victories in as many arenas as possible. Ideal candidate will have some legislative experience, be highly creative, persuasive, energized, self-starting and passionate about curbing gun violence in America. Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $65,000-$85,000. Excellent benefits.

Constituency Organizer:
ARS seeks a Constituency Organizer, who will be responsible for building, training, and managing ARS’s constituency program, organizing groups such as veterans, gun owners, and physicians. You will be expected to identify, train, and manage ARS constituency members; develop and conduct training program for constituency members to move up ladder of engagement from grassroots supporters, to validators, to advocates; execute events in DC and around the country; and work with the ARS team to support legislative and communications priorities. Ideal candidates will be successful and experienced organizers with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills. Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $40,000-$55,000. Excellent benefits.

Advocacy Associate:
ARS seeks an Advocacy Associate to support ARS’s advocacy and policy efforts in Washington, DC and around the country. You will be responsible for writing policy memos, handouts, and reports; planning and participating in advocacy and legislative meetings; tracking developments regarding gun violence prevention; and providing administrative and organizational support to the ARS advocacy team. Excellent writing and research ability, well developed organizational skills, and enthusiasm for the job are a must. Salary range is $35,000-$45,000.  Excellent benefits.

Grassroots Development Director/Coordinator:
ARS seeks a highly organized, creative, self-starter to oversee and coordinate all grassroots fundraising including both prospecting and re-solicitation through direct mail, telemarketing, and digital programs.  You will manage vendors in each category and will be responsible for ensuring that all language is drafted and approved, data files are arranged, information is shared and updates are provided, and data files are received and processed in a timely manner.  As an active member of the development team, you will track progress towards goal on each aspect of the grassroots fundraising program and work to maximize results.  Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $65,000-$85,000. Excellent benefits.

Finance Coordinator:
ARS seeks a Finance Coordinator to support the work of the entire fundraising operation.  You will focus on the work of our major gifts outreach, especially coordinating travel and logistics, doing research on prospective donors, and drafting briefings and invitations for events and meetings, and putting together program memos for high-donor donors.  You will also provide support for the development team in helping with compliance and operational details and follow up.  The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, energetic, have some experience with NGP, and willingness to travel.  Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $40,000 – $55,000. Excellent benefits.

Operations Director:
ARS seeks a full time Operations Director with at least 2 years experience in the work force. Attention to detail and commitment to excellence a must. Political or managerial experience a plus.  Responsibilities include human resources work including executing our healthcare and dental plans, our 401k, managing the office including our office space, coordinating our supplies, and our internal bookkeeping, and recruiting and supervising a staff of interns.  In addition to above responsibilities, you will provide general support to senior staff regarding travel, scheduling and basic coordination is expected. Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $40,000-$55,000. Excellent benefits.

Political Associate:
ARS seeks a Political Associate for the 2014 election cycle to help manage independent expenditures from one of the country’s biggest Super-PAC’s. Duties include tracking and organizing consultant pods, radio/tv/mail/digital programs and press developments in close to 20 races. Perfect job for young political staffer who wants to understand more about paid political programs. Candidates must have at least 1 cycle on a campaign, be exceptionally organized and be a great multi-tasker. Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $40,000-$55,000.  Excellent benefits.

Americans for Responsible Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Americans for Responsible Solutions PAC is an equal opportunity employer.