Change Corps is hiring organizers!

Recruiter WFP

Jun 24, 2016, 10:13:45 AM6/24/16
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

Ready to be an organizer?

Donald Trump is one election away from the Presidency. He says that Global Warming is a “hoax” and that the biggest threat to his presidential campaign is a “woman card.”

Our opposition is dangerous. The good news is that we can organize the public to win on issues that we care about- not just on elections, but on issues like LGBT rights, immigration reform and gun violence prevention too. That’s where Change Corps comes in. Change Corps is a paid, one-year full-immersion training program in grassroots organizing.

What will you work on?

Organizers receive 8 weeks of classroom training and spend most of the year gaining hands-on field experience working to make a difference on issues like women’s health and reproductive rights, gun violence prevention, immigration reform, voting rights, marriage equality and money in politics. Organizers will work on 3-5 different campaigns throughout the year in cities across the country, providing critical field support for partner groups leading the charge on these issues and many more. This fall, be a part of a team that’s working to defeat candidates like Donald Trump and lift up progressives at the ballot box. Then, organize on issues like LGBT rights, immigration, gun violence prevention, and more after the elections.”

Training

You’ll learn the skills necessary to plan town hall meetings, build and work with coalitions united for a common cause, set up and speak at press conferences, recruit and train volunteers, collect petitions, direct a canvass office, and much more. You’ll learn how to mobilize a community toward a common goal and build the kind of support and grassroots action that persuades decision-makers to stop obstructing change and embrace it instead. And you’ll these skills from people like Bill McKibben of 350.org, Van Jones, of the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights and host of CNN’s Crossfire, Justin Ruben of MoveOn.org, and Cecile Richards of Planned Parenthood.

When Change Corps organizers complete their training, they’ll know how to organize people to get change unstuck on the issues they’re passionate about and will have an opportunity to become part of a wave of new organizers who will keep pushing and prodding our country forward for years to come.

Pay & Benefits

The target annual compensation for this position is $25,500.  We also offer a generous benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.

Apply

http://www.changecorps.org/apply.html

Change Corps is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to a diverse workplace and a diverse movement. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.

Paid for by Change Corps, www.changecorps.org. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.