Wendy Greuel for Congress - Volunteer and Intern Opportunities (Los Angeles, CA)

Ben Wayne

Apr 15, 2014, 6:48:23 PM4/15/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

Wendy Greuel is running for Congress to build on Henry Waxman’s 40 year legacy of public service. Like Congressman Waxman, Wendy will stand up to the powerful, protect consumers and our environment, and safeguard the needs of the next generation. Her vision for serving the 33rd Congressional District is based on securing what matters most to families - a robust economy, a healthy environment, quality education for our kids and a society in which everyone’s rights are respected.

We are currently in the organizing stage of our grassroots campaign and are looking to recruit motivated politicos to join our campaign through our intern program. Wendy Greuel for Congress Campaign Interns receive extensive training in political organizing and work closely with campaign staff. This opportunity will give students hands on training in grassroots campaigning and will include experiences with precinct walking, phone banking, direct mail, media marketing, voter targeting and voter identification. Interns will be taught the tactics employed by a modern political campaign. Further, interns will be tasked with training campaign volunteers in these same tactics. The program will be a great experience with a U.S. Congressional Campaign and an opportunity to display leadership skills and exhibit initiative. Interns commit to a minimum of 12 hours a week and must be ready to roll up their sleeves and work hard!

Everyone from students to seniors is invited to apply. Many of our interns are college students and we can accommodate college schedules. In addition, if students cannot meet the 12 hours minimum, we have many other opportunities available to them.

Thanks!

Please contact Ben Wayne: ben.p...@gmail.com