New Deal Strategies Seeking Communications Interns

Cate Mahan

Feb 19, 2021, 2:52:31 PM2/19/21
to GAIN POWER: Jobs That Are Left
Hi all - New Deal Strategies is looking for Communications Interns starting ASAP. This is a remote, part-time, paid internship. Please direct resumes to jo...@newdealstrategies.com. More information below.

New Deal Strategies - Political Communications Internship

New Deal Strategies is looking for part-time paid interns who want to gain real-life exposure to political communications for campaigns and progressive advocacy organizations. New Deal Strategies’ clients include progressive national and local candidates, labor unions, political parties, and progressive organizations.

Interns must be committed to a progressive vision, eager to learn about all aspects of political, labor, and advocacy campaigns. The position will be remote.

What You’ll Be Doing

Interns will have the opportunity to work with the New Deal Strategies Communications Team on a variety of issues based on capacity and client needs. Interns will primarily support the team through research, writing, and administrative tasks. Examples of responsibilities include but are not limited to: compiling client press clips, conducting media audits for pitches, and taking notes during media interviews.

We’ll also expect you to know what is happening in national politics and use that knowledge to make suggestions for client opportunities – whether it be a press release, an email to a client’s list, or a potential relationship. We are always looking for ways to help our clients be successful and to advance a progressive message.

Who Are We Looking For?

  • Committed progressives – we only work for progressive clients. We want our staff to be committed to a progressive future.

  • Self-starters – you will be learning on the job. We are fast-paced and want to work with other determined self-starters.

  • Students – this is a part-time internship designed to teach the future class of political professionals.

  • Flexible workers – politics is often not 9-5. You may need to work flexible hours.

To Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter to jo...@newdealstrategies.com with “Communications Internship” in the subject line. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please apply ASAP. Female, BIPOC, and LGBTQ applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.

Location: Remote.

Classification & Salary: This is a part-time, paid internship with an expected 20 hour per week commitment. Interns will be paid $20/hour.

About New Deal Strategies

New Deal Strategies is a consulting firm for the progressive movement. At New Deal, we only work for campaigns, causes, and leaders we truly believe in, even if – especially if – they're not favored by the establishment. As a firm, we want to help lift up the voices of women, people of color, the working class, and the LGBTQ community. We want to fight for the issues that matter, from the Green New Deal to Medicare for All, racial justice, and income inequality. And at a time when women’s rights are under attack, we’re working to elect Democrats who understand that abortion is non-negotiable.

New Deal Strategies is committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism, and people from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.