Want to build and lead an amazing field team AND change the food system? (hiring SF Bay Area Organizing Director at Farmigo)

je...@farmigo.com

Sep 22, 2014, 5:19:48 PM9/22/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

Farmigo is hiring an Organizing Director for the SF Bay Area!

Farmigo is hiring a Regional Organizing Director to join our team in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you’re an experienced organizer, eager to build a movement to change the food system through a grassroots, neighborhood-based approach, we want to hear from you.

Farmigo is a mission-driven startup with a simple, ambitious goal: we want to make local, sustainably produced food more accessible and affordable in every community. Farmigo empowers individuals and communities to create “virtual food co-ops”, where community members can order directly from local farmers and foodmakers on Farmigo.com, then pick up their orders at a pick-up site in their neighborhood.

The Role

As the Regional Organizing Director, you will be leading a team of Field Organizers to recruit and develop volunteer leadership, and build thriving food communities around that leadership. You will be accountable to weekly and monthly goals, and empowered to develop and implement your own organizing strategies to reach them.

This is an extraordinary opportunity to take a leading role in a critically important movement, and to join a fast-growing, venture backed startup with a world-class team and great (and delicious!) perks. We are a hard-working, passionate group of organizers, designers, technologists, digital movement builders, and logistics gurus, working together to transform the food system one community at a time. This is a full-time, salaried position that reports to the National Organizing Director. Our field team is just getting started, and there is ample opportunity for growth in this role.

Responsibilities

As the Regional Organizing Director, you will be:

  • Working independently to develop and lead a new organizing effort in a critically important region  that includes clear metrics, tactics, and program timelines

  • Building and managing a team of paid Field Organizers

  • Accountable to weekly goals for building and launching new food communities

  • Building relationships and developing partnerships within the local food movement and other allied communities .

  • Serving as a voice and face of a fast-growing startup in the SF Bay region

Requirements

  • Strong, creative, proven manager and leader

  • Master organizing trainer and coach, with a passion for the craft, not just the issues

  • Prior experience in a leadership role in community organizing, political field campaigns, and/or issue advocacy campaigns

  • Comfortable using the latest digital/tech tools for organizing and outreach

  • Outstanding oral and written communication skills.

  • Ability to tackle tough challenges with creative solutions

  • Clear understanding of the role of metrics and quantifiable weekly goals in successful organizing efforts

  • Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license (requires frequent travel throughout the SF Bay Area)

To Apply

Interested? Email field@farmigo.com with a resume and a brief note illustrating why this job is perfect for you. Farmigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace.