Manager of Regional Impact (DC) at Leadership for Educational Equity (DC Metro)

Laura Douglas

Aug 3, 2015, 6:53:34 PM8/3/15
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT
Position Title: Manager, Regional Impact (Washington, DC)
Team: Regional Impact
Location: Washington, DC Metro
Application Process: Please apply on our website.  Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.

About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan leadership development organization dedicated to developing its members’ potential to ensure every child has the opportunity to receive an outstanding education.

Our kids and communities need more leaders who believe that educational inequity is a solvable problem. We believe that when our members are organized and reach positions of leadership, they’ll serve as a transformative force for students, communities and the broader movement for educational equity.

LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more about what we do, please visit http://educationalequity.org/careers.

Position Summary
The Manager, Regional Impact (MRI) will be part of a regional team working to inspire and support the civic leadership of LEE members.  This individual will support the Regional Director’s efforts to identify, train, and make more effective LEE members in the pipelines to policy leadership, elected leadership, organizing, and advocacy leadership.

This role will involve meeting individually and building relationships with LEE members in order to inspire them about their own leadership potential and connect them to training and experiential opportunities that match their desired impact. The MRI will support significantly the planning and execution of regional training opportunities and initiatives to grow the regional LEE membership and will also assist in organizing efforts led by LEE members and the Regional Director.

Throughout execution of these responsibilities, the MRI will prioritize increasing the diversity of LEE member leadership in the region, as well as maintaining meaningful and productive partnerships with partner organizations and community groups.  As a team member in a growing and dynamic organization, the MRI will adapt to evolving understandings of the most effective path to impact.

Position Location:  Washington, DC

Responsibilities
  • Cultivate a movement of civically engaged LEE members by conducting individual meetings and building public relationships with LEE members in the region
  • Inspire and coach LEE members to investigate policy, advocacy, organizing, and elected leadership as a path to their desired impact
  • Coach and support members as they move through the early stages of the community organizing cycle
  • Oversee the logistics and execution of regional trainings and fellowships

Requirements, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities & Competencies
  • Exemplifies Leadership for Educational Equity’s core values
  • Understands the interconnectedness of electoral politics, community organizing, and advocacy in the creation of equitable public policy
  • Understanding of the Greater DC Metro educational policy landscape
  • Experience working in communities of color
  • Experience working in under-resourced communities
  • Experience working or volunteering meaningfully in electoral politics, policy, or advocacy and organizing
  • Thrives and adapts in an entrepreneurial and dynamic professional environment
  • Possesses strong interpersonal skills
  • Possesses excellent organizational, communications, and project management skills
  • Bachelor’s degree required
  • 2-5 years of professional experience
  • Access to reliable transportation
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.

An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.