JOB - Seattle Door Senior Coordinator - Greenpeace USA (Seattle, WA)

Ishmael Herod

Jun 30, 2015, 11:23:06 PM6/30/15
to con...@ethicaljobs.net, con...@humanrightsjobs.com, con...@policyjobs.net, con...@politicaljobs.net, dc-ecowome...@googlegroups.com, eac-job...@googlegroups.com, gpus-intern-...@greenpeace.org, humanresou...@greenpeace.org, jobstha...@googlegroups.com, noi-...@googlegroups.com

Recapture Senior Door Coordinator

We are launching a new Greenpeace Frontline fundraising office in Seattle, WA and hiring the Recapture Senior Door Coordinator position to manage this office and bottom-line all local operations.

About Greenpeace

For over 40 years, Greenpeace has been inspiring and mobilizing people all over the world to work toward a more green and peaceful planet. We are a leading independent environmental organization that utilizes action, cutting-edge research and creative communications to protect the Earth. We expose global environmental problems and promote the solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. To ensure our independence we do not accept donations from corporations or governments.

Frontline is Greenpeace's hugely successful, grassroots fundraising and member recruitment program. Our team works to inspire individuals to become active in the environmental movement and become members of Greenpeace.  Our members give us the political and financial clout to take on the coal industry, save our forests, protect our oceans and keep communities free of toxic chemicals.

Responsibilities:

  • Recruitment:  Build a team of 15-50 canvassers. Interview applicants and make hiring decisions.

  • Staff Management:  Train new hires in canvassing/fundraising skills.  Hold staff accountable to performance standards. Work with your staff in individual and group settings, with a particular eye towards developing leaders.  Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.

  • Canvassing:  Canvass in the field two days per week to train staff and to manage and exceed personal fundraising requirements.

  • Administration:  Carefully track income and expenses.  Manage the budget for your office.  Process staff payroll.  Maintain records for future organizing efforts.

Qualifications:

Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal communication skills; ability to manage and motivate a large team of staff; ability to identify, recruit, train and retain staff; short-term and long-term strategic planning skills; detail oriented; and proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel.

Experience: A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in face-to-face fundraising, direct marketing or customer service and a strong interest in environmental issues.

Compensation:

  • Salary: $43,713.11 + bonuses based on team and individual fundraising performance

  • Highly competitive benefits package including:

    • Medical, dental, and vision coverage

    • Fully funded life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage and employee assistance programs

    • 401K matching up to 6%

    • 15 days of annual vacation

    • Nine federal holidays plus holiday pay for the week between December 25th and January 1st each year

    • Monthly stipends to offset the costs of mass transit and a cell phone

Benefits:

Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan

Commitment to Diversity:

Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice. Our mission is to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that is a reflection of the global campaigns and missions that we champion.

TO APPLY:

Fill out our application online at: https://careers-greenpeace.icims.com/jobs/1024/seattle-door-senior-coordinator/job

--
Ishmael Herod