Seasonal Staff Assistant Position at DC Political Consulting Firm

Leah Weightman

Aug 29, 2016, 10:35:19 PM8/29/16
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Democratic direct mail firm is currently seeking an election season staff assistant. This is a seasonal position, which will run from early September until November 4, 2016.

The Staff Assistant will be responsible for working with clients, staff and vendors to ensure our mail is properly produced and is mailed on schedule and to the right voters. Moreover, the Staff Assistant will assist with proofreading, editing and other administrative needs of the office, including answering phones, preparing packages, and other tasks.

This is a great first step for recent graduates or those looking to get involved with political consulting. Ideal candidates will have an interest in Democratic politics, political communications, and advertising. Previous exposure to political campaigns a plus.

Qualifications:

   Adept at Microsoft Word and Excel

   Excellent written and oral communications skills

   Exceptional organizational skills

   Keen eye for detail

   Self-starter

   Capable of handling multiple, competing priorities

   Ability to learn, be adaptable and have fun

   Available to work evenings and weekends as required

   Design software (Quark or InDesign) a plus but not a requirement.

Qualified applicants will be asked to complete an in-office editing test.

To apply:

Please email your resume and cover letter to jo...@kennedycommunications.com, with “Seasonal Staff Assistant” in the subject line. We are looking to hire someone as soon as possible.  PLEASE DO NOT CALL US. We will only review resumes that have been sent to the above email address.

We are conveniently located within a few blocks of the Green, Yellow, Orange and Blue Metro lines.

Leah Weightman

Aug 30, 2016, 11:13:22 AM8/30/16
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT