Assistant Campaign Director: Fight with the ACLU and other Progressive Groups to Combat the Trump Agenda!

akr...@grassrootscampaigns.com

Jun 20, 2018, 11:22:05 AM6/20/18
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT
The last year has made our situation abundantly clear: President Trump, Speaker Ryan, and their right-wing allies are dead set on forcing their hateful agenda on the country. They've dedicated themselves to undoing decades of civil rights and environmental protections, tearing apart thousands of families with heartless, anti-immigrant policies, taking away healthcare from millions of people who need it most, and all with an eye towards further enriching the very wealthiest Americans.

The good news is that change is brewing. Activists and organizations are joining forces to fight back, and momentum is building for a historic wave election this November.

Grassroots Campaigns is growing the resistance in campaign offices all over the country. We’re partnering with some of the best issue groups and charities in the world like Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Doctors Without Borders, and the Audubon Society. To support these organizations, we're running outreach canvasses to talk with people face-to-face about the challenges in front of us.

As we get closer to election day, we'll open offices in crucial swing districts around the country to register voters and make sure they cast their ballots this year for excellent, progressive candidates. We’re looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and join the fight in what’s sure to be a decisive year at a pivotal point in our history.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
-  Recruitment: Build a team of 15-50 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Identify and interview prospective staff and make hiring decisions.

-  Staff Management: Teach canvassing and fundraising skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.

-  Canvassing: Canvass 3-4 times per week to train new and experienced staff in the field and meet personal fundraising requirements.

-  Administration: Carefully track income and expenses. Handle the budget for your office. Process staff payroll. Maintain records for future organizing efforts.

QUALIFICATIONS:
-  You're an excellent communicator with motivational skills, work ethic, and dedication to political change

-  You make a great teammate who can tackle big goals in high-stakes environments with enthusiasm and a sense of humor

-  You're a confident leader with a proven ability to shoulder significant responsibility

-  You're self-directed and able to take initiative

-  Previous field or canvassing experience is a plus, and may qualify you for additional leadership positions

EXPECTATIONS:
-  Most of the year, a typical work week runs 50-60 hours, including work on weekends. Longer hours can be expected on election projects.

-  In some cases, election work may require relocation, and the strongest applicants will be those who are available to go where needed to win.

LOCATIONS:
Relocation may be required. Positions are available in cities nationwide. Currently hiring in MA, NY, PA, NC, GA, IL, CO, CA, WA, TX, LA, and Washington, D.C. In order to make the largest impact possible, many directors will start in a city where we already have a presence for early training and experience and then travel to politically important swing districts to launch new offices.

Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above.

We're committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.