Strategic Communications Internship at Progressive Communications Firm

Natalie Butz

Jul 25, 2016, 10:22:49 AM7/25/16
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

West End Strategy Team is a full-service strategic communications firm with offices in Washington and New York. We offer clients a comprehensive approach that includes message development, media relations, online strategy, marketing and crisis communications. We work to achieve legislative, media and fundraising goals for clients who work in progressive domestic and foreign policy, social justice, human rights, faith-based advocacy, health care, conservation, women’s rights and arts and culture. We are currently accepting applications for paid internship positions in our Washington, D.C. office for the Fall of 2016 and Spring of 2017.

Interns have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working closely with progressive, nonprofit, and international organizations in a professional setting. Responsibilities include writing and editing news releases, opinion pieces and other materials, researching client organizations and their issue areas, conducting media outreach, researching target journalists and compiling media lists, aggregating news content, and carrying out various clerical duties. Through this experience, interns will cultivate a working knowledge of highly relevant political and advocacy organizations and the media.

Please email a resume, cover letter, brief writing sample and list of 2-3 references to inter...@westendstrategy.com. No phone calls, please.

West End Strategy Team is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.